DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
Communicates fashion trend information to store associates to promote product knowledge. Translates the trend into effective visual presentations. Ensures that the presentation standards are in line with the company direction and consistently represents the brand image. Assists Store Manager in the scheduling and planning process to ensure adequate coverage required to meet and exceed customer expectations. Instructs associates regarding customer service standards (Friendly, Helpful, Passionate, Real). Reports to Store Manager. Supervises Based on volume, Assistant Merchandise Manager and Store Associates
– Responds to daily and weekly sales results by collaborating with Store Manager on adjustments to merchandising plan and presentation standards. In absence of Store Manager, acts as MOD and recognizes and communicates rewards performance. Provides leadership and communicates to associates Check Check Match service model. Responds to customer feedback. Maintains KPI standards.
– Interviews and retains sales associates. Identifies training needs and provides associate training. Establishes and communicates associate goals and provides coaching. Seeks opportunities for personal performance growth and demonstrates interest in building leadership skills. Provides development opportunities for associates that support company growth. Writes and conducts annual performance evaluation for sales associates and Assistant Merchandise Manager. Assists with the on-boarding of new hires. Ensures compliance to Company Policies & Procedures.
- Associate and Team Development
– Manages store-wide merchandising standards by identifying and responding to customer purchase trends. Translates fashion trend information into effective visual presentations and consistently maintains company visual presentation objectives. Manages and trains associates to implement company presentation standards. Manages associates with the movement of merchandise to appropriate areas of store and the maintenance of a clean store. Assists Store Manager in identifying and communicating merchandise recommendations to the District Managers. Handles transfers and merchandise RTV according to company policy. Maintains sales floor integrity including loading the sales floor weekly and maintaining tagging standards. Manages price adjustments and markdown management. Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager. Ensures store is compliant with established ”Brand Experience” standards
– Ensures all inventory and pricing directives are implemented. Leads and manages associate compliance to all company policies and procedures. Identify and respond to associate performance issues. Opens and closes store in rotation with management team. Manages inventory control functions including shipping and receiving. Maintains Loss Prevention and Safety standards. Adheres to daily store cleaning, recovery and maintenance. Reviews communication materials (Footnotes, memos, e-mail, etc). Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven ability to motivate others
Proficiency in base computer use, including e-mail, MS Word or other word processing program and Excel or other spreadsheet program.
Minimum of Associates degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum 2 years retail managerial experience
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer dress, casual and...