Apply for Merchandise Manager
Our client is the parent company to several subsidiaries specializing in technology sales and services. The company includes an International Products Group, an Online retailer, plus 23 thriving brick-and-mortar computer and electronics retail stores. (Six more coming in the next two years.) The company has grown steadily and profitably since 1979 to a nationwide presence employing over 3,000 associates. Corporate headquarters are located in suburban Columbus, Ohio.
The International Products Group offers savvy, price-conscious consumers a wide variety of computer products at significant savings over comparable name brand items. IPG has an immediate need in our Merchandising Department for an experienced retail buyer for the position of Merchandise Manager. This individual will be responsible for the selection, purchase and delivery of merchandise and for spotting trends in designated product areas which include hard drives, networking, power supplies, CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives, cooling systems, cases & accessories, etc. Position reports to IPG General Manager.
• Personally oversee and manage all vendor activities
• Negotiate costs and terms of business with vendors. Consistently secure the most favorable pricing from vendors.
• Sourcing of components and products from Asia working with our Taiwan office
• Plan and forecast future businesses (sales, units, margins and co-op)
• Monitor prices with competitors and other supply chain providers
• Must possess in-depth product knowledge to personally forecast top selling SKUs and all categories (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
• Select and negotiate "Best in Class" promotional offers for our customers
• Select and drive relevant assortments which build the "Best Computer Store in the World" EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree with strong retail buying knowledge and experience in purchasing high volumes of merchandise for a multi-store or e-commerce retailer
• Strong negotiation skills needed with demonstrated finesse in developing and maintaining vendor relationships
• Direct experience with and knowledge of self-built PC systems is preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work with speed and accuracy
• Must be a detail oriented team player able to communicate with and lead various levels of the organization
• Must be open to leadership and direction The company demonstrates their commitment to employees through training, career growth and a balance between personal and professional interests. The firm offer competitive pay, an employee discount at the retail centers and an extensive benefits package that includes options available at group rates for both full-time and part-time associates.
------------------------------------------------------------------ Additional Details
Primary responsibility is managing all aspects of key product categories including; bare-bone hard drives, bulk optical drives, Private label power supplies, Intel and Private label SSD drives, private label computer cases, and private label drive enclosures. After establishing these categories, would transition to handle private label DRAM and Flash (a very significant category).
Managing these categories would include the following activities:
• Selecting all related vendors and products.
• Developing and strengthening key vendor relationships.
• Negotiating the best possible deals with vendors including product cost, lead-time, freight, payment terms, etc.
• Continuously monitor key competitors such as Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct and Fry's.
• Beat or meet the competition regarding pricing and assortment.
• Manage product categories to established budget metrics: -- Unit sales -- GM% -- GM$ -- Sales revenue $
• Forecast and determine order quantities for products. Minimize weeks of supply on hand while maintaining sufficient inventory for all store locations.
• Develop and execute "Best in Class" promotional activity.
• Monthly broadsheet mailings, weekly e-mail blasts, and ongoing website presentation.
• Work closely with the store sales and operations teams to effectively merchandise your product within the stores.
• Help drive component costs down utilized in building our branded desktop systems, which are positioned to provide value and time-to-market benefits to our customers.
• Act as a technical/engineering resource to the current IPG merchant team. Be a key resource in helping buyers select the right product with the right features.
• An important ongoing objective is to provide customers alternatives to established name brand technology product. This can take the form of an opening price point or providing a better value proposition to existing products. IPG is focused on a daily basis on finding new products, suppliers and categories to bring to market.
• Responsibilities would also include working with and traveling to our international procurement offices in Taipei. Also includes attending key product shows such as Computex and the Hong Kong Electronics show. Meet with existing and potential new vendors.
• Assist in finding new products across all product categories that can then be executed by the merchants at the home office.
• Serve as a key representative to the vendor community in Asia.
Global Network Recruiting - 23 months ago
To really know a person IRIS International doesn't look deep into their eyes. Instead, the company manufactures automated in-vitro...