About the Company
Unique Industries is one of the largest party supply manufacturers / distributors in the world. We are committed to serving our loyal customers, offering a selection of merchandise, including licensed and non-licensed paper party patterns, balloons, banners, candles, crepe streamers, piñatas, party favors and much more!
Unique Industries is located in our state-of-the-art corporate facility in the beautiful Philadelphia Naval Business Center. We offer a competitive benefits program including a casual dress code, on-site employee Fitness Center, free parking and access to public transportation.
This position develops, maintains, analyzes and executes item level merchandise plans using JDE, Excel-based Item Planning Tool and retailer forecasts to achieve maximum business results. Forecasts business trends and recommends strategies. Analyzes performance of business goals/recommend action plan to maximize results.
- Overall management and utilization of Excel-based Item Planning tool and JDE.
- Develops accurate item plans by week by branch.
- Manages the planning of item lifecycles to include exit strategies with the Planning and Allocations team.
- Collaborates with external business partners (Retailers or Suppliers) where appropriate.
- Manages inventory, turnover, and receipt flow by branch using JDE and MRP to ensure appropriate replenishment, executes transfers to balance inventory via transfer when necessary.
- Leads business review and departmental meetings; reviews commodity, sub-commodity, and key performance indicators as scheduled.
- Reviews, maintains, and executes orders to ensure proper flow of product from factory to DC to retailer.
- Reconciles forecasted flow to ensure product allocation supports future sales plans.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes seasonal builds for items.
- Develops, maintains and analyzes weekly sales forecasts and replenishment for Large Customers Private Label items as needed. Collaboration may include communication with internal departments (Sales / Operations / Warehouses) and the Customer.
- Collaborates with Merchandise Manager and Logistic Manager to address Supply Chain issues and with the Sales Department to drive additional sales opportunities.
Unique Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field required.
- 3 – 5 yrs relevant experience required.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Knowledge of merchandise planning, retail math, forecasting and trend analysis. Knowledge of product development process.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in merchandise I.S. system, financial planning software and Microsoft Products, including Word and Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Access is strongly preferred.
- Requires effective oral/presentation and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Interpersonal and team skills with ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated business knowledge through strategic development and financial management.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
All offers of employment with Unique are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
CareerBuilder - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard