ABOUT THE COMPANY
Unique Industries is one of the largest party supply manufacturers / distributors in the world. We are committed to serving our loyal customers, offering a selection of merchandise, including licensed and non-licensed paper party patterns, balloons, banners, candles, crepe streamers, piñatas, party favors and much more!
Unique Industries is located in our state-of-the-art corporate facility in the beautiful Philadelphia Naval Business Center. We offer a competitive benefits program including a casual dress code, on-site employee Fitness Center, free parking and access to public transportation.
- Overall management and utilization of Excel-based Item Planning tool and JDE.
- Develops accurate item plans by week by branch.
- Manages the planning of item lifecycles to include exit strategies with the Planning and Allocations team.
- Collaborates with external business partners (Retailers or Suppliers) where appropriate.
- Manages inventory, turnover, and receipt flow by branch using JDE and MRP to ensure appropriate replenishment, executes transfers to balance inventory via transfer when necessary.
- Leads business review and departmental meetings; reviews commodity, sub-commodity, and key performance indicators as scheduled.
- Reviews, maintains, and executes orders to ensure proper flow of product from factory to DC to retailer.
- Reconciles forecasted flow to ensure product allocation supports future sales plans.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes seasonal builds for items.
- Develops, maintains and analyzes weekly sales forecasts and replenishment for Large Customer’s Private Label items as needed. Collaboration may include communication with internal departments (Sales / Operations / Warehouses) and the Customer.
- Collaborates with Merchandise Manager and Logistic Manager to address Supply Chain issues and with the Sales Department to drive additional sales opportunities.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Stays current with developments within the field and shares expertise with others.
- Continually evaluates department procedures and identifies areas where efficiency and accuracy could be improved and makes necessary recommendations.
- Additional projects as assigned. Project work may include but is not limited to leading cross functional teams to recommend policy and procedure changes within the organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of merchandise planning, retail math, forecasting and trend analysis.
- Knowledge of product development process.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in merchandise I.S. system, financial planning software and Microsoft Products, including Word and Excel. Experience with MS Access is a plus.
- Requires effective oral/presentation and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Interpersonal and team skills with ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated business knowledge through strategic development and financial management.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field required.
- 3 – 5 yrs relevant experience required.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Unique Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment with Unique are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screening.