The Merchandiser for SHIFT will be responsible for directly managing all aspects of SHIFT Motocross and Casual clothing. Responsibilities include the creation of business, marketing and product line plans to be presented to management, collaboration with both design and development staff to accomplish line plan target revenue and margin goals, establish and monitor calendars and time lines on all projects from inception to product release while coordinating all tasks with all teams. In addition, the Shift Merchandiser is responsible for organizing and presenting the final product line to both the Domestic Sales teams and International partners.
Essential Functions of this Position:
• Create and managing SHIFT MX and Clothing line plans seasonally to be reviewed with the Director of Merchandise for approval.
• Create business plan and proposals for current and prospective MX and clothing products and product categories.
• Determine category profit and revenue goals for each segment as well as plans to achieve them.
• Analyze current and past sales performance by brand and category down to the product level
• Collaborate with sales and purchasing departments to ensure timing and appropriate forecasts are in line with projected financial plans.
• Work with both in house and outside design teams to ensure all initial design, function, pricing and timing goals are met.
• Write all pertinent product design briefs as set in conjunction with seasonal line plans.
• Collaborate with product development teams to ensure product functionality, profitability and timing goals are met.
• Create calendar and time lines to be followed by all parties involved.
o Monitor progress and insure that time line are understood and met by design, development, marketing and sales.
o Set up meetings with all parties involved to ensure that information is flowing and due dates are being met.
• Collaborate with marketing teams to ensure all product launch goals are defined and met.
• Provide direction for product packaging, in store point of sale and marketing collateral.
• Work in conjunction with catalog production team.
• Work with athlete marketing teams to create and procure racewear for team athletes.
• Stay current on competitive research for both MX and Action Sports Clothing brands.
Minimum Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in merchandising and product management.
• Knowledge of both Motocross and Action Sports clothing industries a plus.
• Advanced skills in all Windows programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience in Sales reporting.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Able to multi task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Able to learn and retain new concepts and technology quickly.
• Follow-through on all assignments independently.
• Able to meet deadlines w/ minimal supervision.
• Able to work well in a team environment w/ diverse personalities.
• International travel may be required
• Understanding of manufacturing is a plus
• May be required to work more than 8 hours during a workday and evenings.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Significant manual dexterity for keying in data for long periods of time.
• Must be available to work occasional off hours
• Must be available during standard business hours
• Must have a flexible schedule and be able to travel on short notice
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified and interested candidates should apply directly on our website by clicking the apply now button below.
To learn more about careers wit us, visit:
For more company information please visit www.foxhead.com
Fox is an equal opportunity employer
Malakye.com - 17 months ago
SHIFT is a fast growing sports apparel company that prides itself in having the best employees. We are looking for creative, self driven,...