The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Merchandiser is responsible for leading a Merchandising team that manages multiple merchandise categories. This leadership position sets the product vision for multiple categories of business based on creative and financial input, along with market research and travel. The Merchandiser collaborates with a multi-disciplined team of experts in developing strategic assortments that result in tangible memories for our Guest, surpassing their expectations, while meeting departmental financial objectives. This leader balances the overall assortment mix as it pertains to product details, demographic diversity, and a good/better/best strategy.
- Excellent presentation skills & outstanding organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and detail-oriented
- Exhibit strong partnering skills and excels in a team dynamic
- Strong influencing abilities
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum 5 years experience in Buying, Merchandising and/or Product Development
- Demonstrated ability as a team leader
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated business savvy
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Disney - 10 months ago