Chaps, a division of Warnaco Inc., has an exciting opportunity for a talented Merchandiser to join our team. Chaps has been a leader in men’s sportswear for the past 30 years. With a tradition rooted in classic American styling, the brand continues to cater to the needs of the contemporary man’s varied lifestyle. Whether for the casual workday or the weekend, the durability, comfort and style of Chaps are the perfect fit for today’s man.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Meet with design team from concept through production stage to ensure line creation.
- Work with Director and EVP to determine retail/wholesale pricing based on styling, fabrication and mark up requirements.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining accuracy of style master in internal 7th online system and AS400.
- Analyze retail selling and use the information to develop the line
- Create BTS report for the dept. and sales.
- Analyze Balance To Sell report for any changes/increases/decreases in sales orders.
- Attend fitting and responsible that any changes do not affect cost or customer delivery.
- Place buys with production.
- Analyze retail selling for your category and present to design and production at monthly best seller meeting
- Maintaining Datasheets to ensure production has accurate information in regards to fabric content & colors available so they can in turn create a cost log & issue Buy Due Dates & minimums.
- Uploading & maintaining the 7th Online & ACS with accurate information
- Choose styles for Intranet site and work with design and fit model to photograph the styles for the site. Four times a year.
- Attend weekly production meeting.
- Create Sku Plans from PLM
- Responsible for adherence to T&A dates. Must follow up with all departments (design, production, product development, technical design) to ensure that all teams are meeting calendar dates.
- Set up showroom.
- Create Sales CAD book.
- Update and maintain CAD book images and colors.
- Order balance sales samples for Sales, Marketing and accounts.
- Track proto and 1st pc samples with production.
- Work with Canada and Mexico on their sample needs
- Work with Canada and Mexico on their special line inserts.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Bachelors degree and 2 –5 years experience in Merchandising
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Understanding of fashion trends and how they relate to the Chaps customer
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
- Ability to take analysis into action, executes to timelines and provides timely solutions
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to learning and continuous development
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
Warnaco - 12 months ago