Title: Merchandising Artist
Reports To: Creative Director
Supervises: No Responsibility Supervising Associates
Job Code: COE 061
Department: Graphic Design- HBI
Prepared By: L.Zerbe 2/25/13
All interested candidates must have an online portfolio link within resume or submit portfolio samples directly to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for this position.
Leading marketer of casual apparel under some of the world’s strongest apparel brands, including Hanes, Champion, C9, and JMS/Just My Size, is seeking a Merchandising Artist . The company sells decorated casualwear and activewear produced in the company’s global supply chain.
The Merchandising Artist will be working in our Graphic Design team that will support multiple channels of trade with a retail focus and will provide unrivaled, industry-leading graphics.
Summary: The Merchandising Artist supports the Hanesbrands Inc. Retail graphics team through the creation of graphic oriented collateral. These tools include sketches, namedrops packages, digital image requests, garment collections and four-way fixture boards etc. May do light design work or heavily modified base art conversations dependent on divisional needs.
Responsible for the timely and accurate production of namedrop sketch packages for client visits, client follow-up and general sketch needs. Lends support to Graphic Designers in the creation of support material. This position is primarily focused on name-dropping of base art. On occasion, heavy modification of base art may be required.
Have a strong knowledge of HBi product line, style, color, location codes and process methods.
Full knowledge of HBi color stories, collections, and graphic release packages. Must be aware of client school colors, mascots and other client specific needs.
Create graphic packages for special projects assigned by Art Director for special events and trade shows. May include 4-ways, collection boards and e-images (art on garment photo) for client website (Camex, B&N and other shows).
Problem-solve and produce very quickly in fast paces situations with a high degree of accuracy in a highly demanding environment.
Balances and prioritizes time and efforts in business size, ROI, season and workflow.
Possesses market knowledge for each sales division within our department. Stay current on design styles and trends in the market through retailing, web & industry trade shows. Integrates market trends, in the correct way, into appropriate sketch packs.
Have a strong knowledge of screen print, embroidery, and fusion production requirements. Full knowledge of ink, thread, and twill color palettes is required.
Supports graphic design and production associated with seasonal lines, insuring that all sketches are completed according to established policies and procedures and on time.
Communicates clearly and partners smoothly with internal and external clients, maintaining policies and procedures relating to overall departmental project flow.
- Regularly demonstrates GEAR Vision and Values
- Complies with GEAR’s attendance policy
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Shares expertise with others
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
- Capacity to work with different internal groups to achieve a common goal
- Interacts in a positive, clear and professional manner with supervisor, co-workers and Outsource locations
- Problem-solve and produce very quickly in fast paces situations with a high degree of accuracy in a highly demanding environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to use hands and arms to reach, handle and operate objects, tools, controls and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop or crouch.
Works in well lighted, air conditioned/heated office environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent industry related experience
- 2-3 years of experience in the field is preferred
- Mastery of Macintosh computer and graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator)
- Understanding of basic graphic art concepts such as composition, color relationships and balance
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate. Other duties will be assigned as needed.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GEAR FOR SPORTS® has celebrated over 35 wonderful years of business. Our company started with a vision, a dream and humble beginnings,...