The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of three brands selling direct to consumer over multiple retail channels. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun!
VTB’s original brand, Vermont Teddy Bear, is in search of a Bear Merchandising Coordinator. This position will be responsible for the development and execution of merchandising strategies that drive sales across the business. The qualified candidate will partner with Design, Operations, Marketing and Visual Team throughout the entire process of building a product assortment and bringing product to market. This includes creation and execution of processes that will assure smooth product flow into the sales stream.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Aids in development and execution of product assortment for VTB.
• Merchandises Catalogs – as part of development of product line.
• Manages homepage changes and over-all direction of “look” of websites.
• Working with design, selects best product images to use online and in catalog.
• Focused on best ways to show product to maximize sales and assurance that all products are available to sell at the appropriate time.
• Organizes and disseminates all product information, including copy, personalization, safety info, keywords and complimentary (upsell) info. Reviews all catalog/web copy to be sure all pertinent product information is there and correct. Responsible for 100% accuracy of all product information that we are presenting to our customers.
• Ongoing maintenance of database, including updates to existing product and adding new products and assigning galleries. (done in assortment planner, since no database at this time)
• Fills out and communicates Product Evaluation forms, which guide IC in proper entry into Avexis.
• Merchandises website – what goes where – based on sales, price pt, groupings, visual appeal, what’s happening in all marketing channels, forecasts.
• Compiles info for call center trainers, updating their current information and samples each season.
• Assigns upsells to products to maximize sales and create merchandising stories.
• Attends product development meetings to give input on additions to product lines or modification of existing products.
• Collaborates with Forecasting/Analysis to manage inventory and maximize sales, including markdown recommendations.
• Gives input on email, print ad and affiliate product selections, in collaboration with IeT & Forecasting/Analysis.
• Assist with the development, maintenance, dissemination and adherence to departmental Action Plans on a year-round basis.
• Responsible for Share Our Staff participation as required during Peak Periods.
• Researches market trends, merchandising strategies, and competitive analysis that could impact or improve our business.
• Previous experience with merchandising catalog and web preferred.
• Experience in online navigation, product selection, merchandising, and business analysis.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and ability to learn in-house tools quickly.
• Ability to multi-task along with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze sales data and market trends as well as understand operational issues in order to provide clear, relevant feedback to aid in the creation of a profitable product assortment.
• Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Strong problem solving abilities
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in merchandising, marketing or related field preferred.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company - 14 months ago