Coordination and assistance of all related functions within the Design and Merchandising department. Focus on physical samples, meeting preparation, support day-to-day merchandise tools, catalog, interdepartmental and international communication, and photo-shoot coordination.
It is a Merchandising Coordinator’s responsibility to assist the Design and Merchandising teams across all functions on a daily basis.
The Coordinator is responsible for managing the sample budget under the guidance of the Director of Merchandising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute according to calendar
- Manage all product related responsibilities in coordination with the catalog department
- Assist in communication and coordination with all International subsidiaries and licensees in regards to physical sample comments/ rep memo.
Key role in coordinating and communicating sample buys and logistics across M&D, sales and marketing
- Effective management of the sample quantities, budget, and accruals
- Good communication with reps, product management, sales and M&D
- Proper organization and management of the physical samples
- Create, maintain, and publish Rep Memo
- Assists Merch managers on a day-to-day basis to execute each season
- Responsible to communicate to all international partners and sales reps on proto updates
Desired Competencies :
Extensive attention to detail is required, flexibility, passion in retail, team orientated and ability to multi-task.
Desired Qualifications :
1-3 years of related design or merchandising experience preferred
Education and/or Experience:
A Merchandising, Design or Bachelor’s degree is preferable and appreciated.
Language Skills :
Individual must have ability to:
· Read and interpret documents such as department memos, rep-reports and pertinent periodicals and books.
· Write routine reports and correspondence.
· Communicate clearly enough to translate vision to a party whose first language may not be English
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be at the following levels for the below software programs
- Intermediate - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Beginning to Intermediate– Illustrator 10, CS, CS2
- Full Circle experience a plus
Volcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volcom - 14 months ago
Volcom says it's "youth against establishment," however, this establishment is firmly on the side of youth -- those...