Reports To: Merchandising Manager FLSA Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The Merchandising aspect of this position is to assist with visual merchandising as required at all Erik's retail locations: this includes implementing and adjusting merchandising plans accordingly to provide the most effective sales impact with the direction of the Merchandising Manager. This position is also required to work on new store build-out and remodel projects on tight timelines. Requiring flexible scheduling and at times extensive travel away from home.
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Fixture assembly
- Assist with construction & building of new store and remodel projects
- Regularly visit each store to adjust product placement and visual appeal for
- Merchandising of bikes, snowboards, apparel, accessories, and all other merchandise
- at Erik's Bike Shop retail showrooms.
- Assist and work all annual warehouse sale events
- Create and maintain relationships with all Erik's staff and vendors while promoting Erik's
- mission and values.
- Experience in merchandising, visual display, interior design or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in a retail environment.
- Knowledge and interest in cycling and ski/snowboarding.
- Experience implementing plan-o-grams and creative confidence to work without a corporate
- plan that maps out every detail.
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Successful at working both independently and as part of a team.
- Dedication to get the job done – out in the extra effort needed to complete a project on time and within schedule
- Painting / Patching walls as needed
- Basic construction theory needed
- Able to problem solve without direct supervision
- This position requires extensive travel to all retail locations; including multi-day/week and overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work a wide variety of hours, including weekends and evenings as needed and long hours
- Physical requirements include standing and walking for long periods of time, lifting and
- carrying up to 65 lbs, and climbing up and down a ladder at heights of 25ft.
Erik's Bike Shop, Inc. - 13 months ago