Merchandising Manager – Women’s Factory Handbags / New York, NY
Coach, founded in 1941, is America's premier accessible luxury accessories brand and a leader in international markets. We are a designer and marketer of high quality, modern accessories that complement the diverse lifestyles of today's consumer. Coach offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and great benefits within a dynamic work environment.
Coach brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. At Coach, you will be in great company!
Primary Purpose: The Manager will act as a key team member of the Women’s Factory Handbag team, supporting the continued growth of Coach's global business.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising to...
- Product and Business Strategy
- Communicate all product updates to Business Unit Merchants and solicit feedback.
- Partner and effectively build relationships with Global Merchandise Planning (GMP) and Business Unit Merchants to effectively discuss issues cross functionally.
- Assist in managing and maintaining samples.
- Support pricing & costing needs
- Assortment Planning
- Support team in developing cohesive merchandise assortments across all global channels seasonally.
- Manage updated assortment tools for each Business Unit.
- Communicate all assortment updates and shifts to GMP counterparts.
- Assist with preparation of presentation/post edit meeting tools.
- Market Analysis & Reporting
- Research competition (stores, catalogues, web) in order to better understand the global markets and make recommendations to drive business growth.
- Analyze data and information in an accurate and timely manner and utilize sales analysis when decision making
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Organization and Team
- Successfully support growth and development of direct report
- Create individual development plan consistent with team goals
- Establish relationships with key business unit partners, globally
- Create partnerships with key corporate merchandising peers
- Excellent product sensibility.
- Ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for business.
- Strong analytical, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in partnering with a cross functional team.
An outstanding professional will have...
- BA or BS degree with 5-7 years of experience in a Merchandising or Buying capacity in a related business or brand.
- Experience in luxury goods, a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of "retail math".
- Proficient on excel and general computer knowledge
- Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability
- Retail experience preferred
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. *LI-
MS Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Coach - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Coach, Inc. is an American luxury leather goods company that got its start manufacturing small leather goods. Coach is known for ladies'...