Merchandising Manager, Wearables & Fashion Accessories / New York, NY
Coach, founded in 1941, is America's premier accessible luxury accessories brand and a leader in international markets. We are a designer and marketer of high quality, modern accessories that complement the diverse lifestyles of today's consumer. Coach offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits within a dynamic work environment.
Coach brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry. At Coach you will be in great company!
Primary Purpose: The Sr. Manager will be responsible for helping to create relevant product assortments that drive sales across the business, within the women's accessories categories. Reports to the Director Women's Accessories.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising to...
- Support the line planning and development process with a strong understanding of business unit needs and the market. Must be able to project retail prices, target margins and costs as appropriate.
- Analyze all weekly, monthly, quarterly standard reports including weekly selling, monthly sales, and margin trend recaps. Present the information and conclusions drawn in weekly business review meetings that include Senior Management.
- Partner with Design through the entire conceptual and commercialization process. Participate in all Product Team Meetings and Design Review Meetings. Facilitate the process by acting as communication liaison between Product Development & Corporate Merchandising regarding design changes, margin challenges and retail price adjustments.
- Partner with Retail and Design to develop comprehensive seasonal line plans.
- Liaison to all facets of the business including Design, Planning, Production and Product Development.
- Ensure target margins are set and met with cross-functional teams.
- Partner with Business Units to draw conclusions on sales performance and identify similar trends across all Business Units. Use these conclusions to impact future assortments.
- Partner with Merchandise Planning on all forecast changes, changes to merchandise assortment, colors, and retail and margin changes, ensuring clear communication to senior management on pertinent issues.
- Shop the market to stay abreast of trends. Compile competitive shopping analysis and present relevant conclusions.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Excellent product sensibility.
- Team oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for business.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in leading a successful cross functional team.
- Management and team building experience.
- Knowledge of the production process.
- Strong presentation skills.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in a Merchandising or Buying capacity in a related business or brand. Experience in luxury goods, a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of "retail math".
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Coach, founded in 1941 is America’s premier accessible luxury accessories brand and a leader in international markets. We are a designer and marketer of high quality, modern accessories that complement the diverse lifestyles of today’s consumer. Coach offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits within a dynamic work environment.
Coach - 11 months ago
The International Coach Federation is the largest global organization for coaches, with more than 11,000 members in 80 countries. The...