Merchandising and Licensing Manager
The Merchandising and Licensing Manager is responsible for managing the eCommerce and Licensing businesses of NAMCO BANDAI Games America. This position will work closely with several internal and external groups including IP Strategy, Marketing, Sales, Legal and Operations, to drive eCommerce and expand Licensing opportunities for NAMCO BANDAI’s products. The Merchandising and Licensing Manager will report to the VP, Publishing & IP Strategy.
Job Responsibilities - eCommerce
- Re-establishment, Branding – Work with third-party vendor, Marketing to give an improved face to the existing eCommerce site. Partner with Marketing on re-branding the eCommerce website.
- Product lineup – partner with IP strategy to come up with eCommerce exclusive bundles. Work with other group companies such as Banpresto, Bandai America and Namco Entertainment as needed.
- Fulfillment – work with Operations, warehouse staff and digital distribution system vendor to ensure accurate inventory management, timely order fulfillment, and reporting.
- Sales and Revenue Reporting – create and maintain sales and analytics reporting.
- Customer Service and Retention – develop projects to improve customer usability and sales conversion rates.
- Pricing – develop pricing strategies around products, including wholesale, markdown, and liquidation strategies.
- Marketing – partner with the Marketing team as needed to optimize marketing programs and create marketing collateral for products.
- Tradeshows and Offline Retail – collaborate with trade show staff to coordinate on-site sales and marketing opportunities at trade shows and events such as Comic-con, E3.
- Manage all aspects of the eCommerce system, including opening and maintaining merchant accounts, tracking expenditures associated with merchant accounts and credit card processing, etc.
Job Responsibilities - Licensing
- Work with IP Strategy department to establish merchandising strategies for key Namco IPs (other than Pac-Man). Also track industry trends and pop culture phenomena and reflect them to the strategy.
- Identify appropriate business partners, including toy manufacturers, merchandising vendors for new products within the company’s established product, IP strategy.
- Work with the IP department in Japan to establish approval guidelines for the IPs that third party partners can follow.
- Research and become familiar with all aspects of IP with license potential, including source material and script reads, daily industry news, etc.
- Liaise with a game’s Brand Managers in the creation of marketing plans such as promotions, tradeshows, websites etc.
- Work closely with company legal to negotiate and finalize long form licenses.
- Work closely with operations department to coordinate the manufacturing, shipment of the merchandising items.
- 5+ years eCommerce marketing experience
- 3+ years Licensing experience
- Experience in character merchandising or licensing is ideal but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills
- Excel at the art of negotiation, closing and follow-up
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
B.S. in Marketing or other Business-oriented discipline
No supervisory responsibilities at this time.
This position will require travel approximately 20-25% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org