The Merchant Compliance Analyst is a key member of the Compliance Team at Mercury. Primary responsibility of position is to assist merchants as first point of contact with compromise incidents and guiding merchants through remediation of compliance in meeting all time-lines and card association data security requirements. In support of merchant compliance efforts, position has a high level of interaction with internal departments, merchants, developers and reseller partners to promote an understanding around the importance of Merchant’s operating in a compliant and secure environment resulting in sustaining business for all parties including Mercury, Merchants and Partners. The Merchant Compliance Analyst should be capable of understanding both business and technical impacts related to merchant compliance in answering questions, providing useful and accurate interpretation of PCI standards and the individual requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Coordinate all aspects of data compromise and breach incidents in compliance with association rules and regulations, including interaction with merchants and assessors, liability tracking, and management reporting.
- Work closely with the merchant PCI compliance program including the responsibility to interact with all levels of customers and internal and external partners.
- Track PCI compliance status of developer applications.
- Ensure registration and report forms necessary to support merchant program operations with the card associations on behalf of Mercury are submitted on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain appropriate advisory relationships with all operational units within Mercury and all card associations.
- Work with Developer Support and Developers in Payment Application compliance.
- Confirm PCI requirements are met during integration certification process.
- Develop training programs and continuing education programs as it relates to the specific rules or regulations to ensure business line staff maintains appropriate knowledge of card association programs.
- Communicate with developers, resellers, merchants and the Mercury team to assist with ad-hoc PCI issues.
- Participate in calls with prospective developer partners to provide information on PCI requirements and risk. Provide suggestions on how Mercury can help with security products and technical assistance.
- Education: Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience: Three to five years’ of related compliance work experience within the banking industry or a financial institution Merchant processing & supervisory experience preferred.
- Other Skills: Excellent communications, organizational, and follow up skills. Excellent people / relationship building skills. Must possess the ability to learn and navigate computer systems.
- Working knowledge of PCI standards: PCI DSS, PA-DSS, and PTS
- Working knowledge of Card Brand Compromise processes
- Understanding of Mercury’s business and products
- Basic understanding of information security concepts and tools
- Basic understanding of networking and the internet
- Basic understanding of programming
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL intermediate
- PC Knowledge and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communications
- Work with a sense of urgency in handling sensitive issues
- Able to prioritize effectively and work in a multi-task environment
Mercury Payment Systems - 19 months ago
Mercury is one of North America’s most innovative and fastest growing payments processing / merchant acquiring companies. As the...