Under the direction of the Director of Cash Management Operations, the Merchant Services Coordinator is responsible for a comprehensive program supporting operations and compliance activities to ensure business objectives are achieved in a manner that complies with university policies, standards of the payment card industry, Massachusetts General Laws and federal regulations related to protection of personal and financial information. The Merchant Services Coordinator assists with the development of system wide procedures for processing credit card and electronic receipts and coordinates and directs any campus-based initiatives in this area including the expanded use of e-commerce technology. This position also performs other duties to ensure the smooth operation of the Treasurer’s Office on an as needed basis.
1. Develop and maintain a level of expertise of payment card transaction processing, the payment card industry and compliance with PCI standards to serve as a resource to departments that accept payment cards.
2. Coordinate compliance validation across the University including Annual SAQ and Quarterly scans.
3. Promote university PCI Compliance by performing non-technical reviews of payment card processes.
4. Chair e-commerce working group and assist in the documentation and attestation of PCI compliance mandates.
5. Work with the IT Security Council to identify and/or address matters related to PCI DSS.
6. Prepare and update written policies and procedures pertaining to all aspects of Merchant Services processing and assist in their implementation.
7. Responsible for initiating correspondence with campus based locations regarding the latest techniques for interpreting and applying PCI DSS requirements to business practices.
8. Provide compliance oversight for all institutional merchants and third-party relationships related to payment card processing. Follow up with non-compliant merchants and assist in remediation.
9. Responsible for the continued training and e-commerce procedural adjustments necessary to maintain consistency across all university offices. Develop training materials for University staff.
10. Responsible for managing the relationships between cash management payment card banks, E commerce vendors and other University offices including dispute resolution and research.
11. Responsible for the monthly review and approval of payment card fees for reallocation.
12. Responsible for the opening and closing of all merchant accounts and ordering and tracking relevant supplies and hardware for these accounts.
13. Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the Commerce Manager, or other centralized online payment software. Provide training and technical assistance to staff in the functional use.
14. On a daily basis provide customer service for all payment card merchant locations.
15. Participate as required in any new systems development for cash management operations including the preparation of bid documents or the solicitation or evaluation of programs in the areas of Relationship banking, Merchant Services, ATM’s, Accounts Payable or any other cash management program.
16. Prepare as necessary all reports and reconciliation’s for external auditors.
17. Maintain working knowledge of the operational duties of several positions within the Treasurer’s Office to insure adequate cross training and back up
1. Undergraduate Degree from an accredited institution. The earned degree should have relevance to the requirements of the position. Equivalent experience in a comparable professional business environment is acceptable.
2. Knowledge of PCI DSS regulations is preferred.
3. Experience in e-commerce, merchant account processes, banking, or internal audit is preferred.
4. Knowledge of office procedures and the principles of office management.
5. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks covering different functional topics.
6. Ability to plan and organize work while performing a variety of office functions.
7. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting departmental and University policy and procedure.
8. Ability to always maintain a staff professional demeanor, make full use of working hours, and maintain harmonious relationships with co-workers, other University personnel, and outside contacts.
Normal Starting Salary for this position is $55,000. No relocation assistance available.
The University of Massachusetts System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
• Letter of Application
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UMass System Office Careers Account to check your completed application.