Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) – Merger Integration & Carve-Outs (MI&C) team. With more than 1,900 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice, with offices throughout the US, focuses on serving upper middle market and large cap private equity firms who have engaged A&M to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. The companies we assess are upper middle market in the 50 million to 1 billion plus range.
Our professionals are aligned with a PEPI service line to promote the development of deep functional skills & experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our PEPI services include:
Merger Integration & Carve-outs: Broaden your expertise, build your skillset
- Interim Management
- Merger Integration & Carve-outs
- Leveraged Sourcing
- Rapid Results
- Supply Chain
This is your opportunity to join A&M PEPI’s MI&C team - and develop an impressive range of operational skills. Benefiting from early client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of some of the largest, most complex and high profile deals in US.
Our Merger Integration & Carve-outs (MI&C) service line brings a structured and disciplined approach to create and capture value. We provide corporate and equity buyers with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, joint ventures and alliances.
The team works across the full spectrum of the deal lifecycle from pre-deal operational and synergy reviews to 'Day 1' planning and post deal implementation. In addition the team has expertise in developing and reviewing restructuring and turnaround plans and identifying operational risks. Our services include due diligence (commercial, operational), Integration Management Office, synergy, TSA, integration planning, Day 1 Readiness, and post-close execution.
MI&C is a growing business targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and build leadership skills. The MI&C leadership team is focused on providing career development, training and exposure to international business assignments.
Build your skillset by providing valuable insight into how an entire business goes through the change process. And as we help our PE clients outperform the market, you will add real value too. All the while, you can broaden your experience across industry groups and enjoy unlimited opportunities to progress as part of a fast-growing team.
- Senior Associates will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs
- Senior Associates will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope
- Senior Associates will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results
- Supporting Day 1 and Day 100 Planning, execution and driving performance improvement in key areas:
- Strategic planning
- Operational optimization /consolidation
- Back office consolidation
- Supply chain
- IT / reporting integration
- Customer and channel management
- Tracking progress against Day 1 and Day 100 objectives and adjusting integration strategies or personnel as required
- 3-5 years of professional consulting experience, specializing in merger integration, business transformation, and change management
- Experience in integration planning and divestitures required
- Deep functional expertise desired in one of more of the following areas:
- Finance & Accounting operations
- HR / Organizational design
- Role and Job Analysis
- Leadership and Stakeholder Involvement
- Communications planning and management
- Supply Chain / Operations
- Salesforce effectiveness
- Marketing optimization
- Pricing/Margin/Mix optimization
- Knowledge Management and Transfer
- Success at both planning revenue growth and profitability growth initiatives and driving them, operationally
- Program management and leadership experience
- Specific experience designing and leading the execution of internally-focused and externally-focused change/communications strategy
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- International business acumen
- Fluency in foreign language is desired
- Flexibility to travel at least 75% of time
Alvarez & Marsal - 15 months ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...