Responsible for leading team and providing operational support for all Messaging & Collaboration systems deployed within. These systems provide E-Mail, Calendar, Instant Messaging, Mobile Messaging, Collaboration services and Groupware.
? Provide support to Operationalize administration duties such as installation, configuration, license management, access management, upgrading / patching, troubleshooting and tuning for the specific application components.
? Accountable for designing an environment that is well documented, sustainable, and conforms to all established technology development and implementation processes, enabling the business to service our customers as effectively and efficiently as possible.
? Plan, architect and execute medium to large projects, including the coordination of cross functional resources.
? Use Continuous Improvement methodologies to identify and implement system improvements, in concert with Operations, to Messaging and Collaboration systems as needed.
? Assist with update of Messaging & Collaboration application software and related operating system software and hardware as needed.
? Perform mid-level to advanced system configuration including user administration, group administration, and policies for the messaging and collaboration applications as needed.
? Provide support to critical issues impacting Messaging and Collaboration systems in a timely and proactive manner in order to deliver defined service levels.
? Provide support for end user issues when necessary.
? Coordinate with vendors (i.e. IBM) to resolve issues as necessary.
? OTHER FUNCTIONS
? Provide engineering support for video conferencing and broadcast systems, social networking and tablet computing, as appropriate.
? Development of Strategic Roadmaps and other Long Range Planning documentation.
5-7 years of experience working with Messaging and Collaboration systems including:
At least 2 years of experience administering and/or supporting a multi-server Messaging and Collaboration implementation. Preferably 4 year’s equivalent educational or work experience.
- Experience with one or more additional integrated systems
- Email AntiVirus/Spam
- RIM BlackBerry Server
- Symantec NetBackup, Enterprise Vault
- Knowledge of foundational network technologies including TCP/IP, DNS and LDAP.
- Deep understanding of key communications protocols such as SMTP, SIP & RTP.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server Operating System fundamentals, administration, and scripting languages.
- Excellent teamwork, communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills required
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse technical resources to deliver medium to large projects.
- Ability to be a self-starter, complete tasks with minimal supervision and take initiative in critical situations.
- Exposure/experience with Lotus Notes
- Knowledge of the concepts of Notes application development and proven ability to support and troubleshoot “homegrown” applications.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems including Windows 2000, XP, and Windows NT.
- Knowledge of networking protocols including SPX and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Internet and World Wide Web protocols.
- Designation as a Certified Lotus Professional desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a focus on providing quality customer service.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in managing a support team.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations.
- Effective teamwork and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong fault analysis/determination and problem solving skills and techniques.
- Ability to travel
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Hunter Technical Resources - 10 months ago