Applies knowledge of Microsoft Exchange servers and related systems to evaluate and maintain the Global Banking and Markets technical environment. Working closely with the Platform team leads and other team members, proactively investigates all aspects of the environment such that resolutions minimize downtime to the firm and are permanent solutions. This position requires moderate supervision and performs other duties as assigned. The qualified candidate will need to be willing to work hours typical to an investment banking/trading firm out of the RBS Americas Utah location.
Reporting to the Messaging & Collaboration team manager, key responsibilities will include:
• Day to day administration, support, maintenance and monitoring of the MS Exchange 2007 infrastructure
• Day to day support/ troubleshooting of Outlook issues
• Day to day support/ troubleshooting of Omtool Accuroute fax issues
• Administration of Mailboxes, User Accounts, Distribution Lists etc…
• Public Folder creation, replication and rights assignments
• Message tracking and troubleshooting to resolve mail delivery issues
• Maintain, monitor, support and troubleshoot OCS & Group Chat Architecture
• Configuration, management and troubleshooting of remote e-mail access using Outlook and OWA
• Patch and configuration management of MS Exchange
• Verify daily Exchange and operating system backups and perform periodic restores
• Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot Exchange virus protection software
• Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot Secure Computing/CipherTrust IronMail SMTP relay/anti-spam appliance
• Maintain, monitor, support and troubleshoot Blackberry Enterprise server 5.x
• Maintain, monitor, support and troubleshoot Good For Enterprise server 6.x
• Configure and troubleshoot wireless communication devices such as Blackberries, IOS and Androids.
• Support and maintains enterprise network and email systems.
Perform various special projects within Technology Services as assigned.
Other duties may be assigned.
Experience within a large financial institution or in a trading floor environment highly desirable.
• Solid experience of working in a high-pressure, large-scale, global environment.
• Strong support and problem resolution capabilities.
• Strong communication skills and team player mentality.
• A thorough appreciation of technology and its value to the business.
• Experience working with application development and business teams.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Minimum 3 years experience supporting enterprise systems
• Strong understanding and experience with MS Exchange 2007 in an enterprise environment including backup and restore procedures, Front End/Back End setups, OWA, RPC/HTTPS, message flow and security.
• Exchange 2010 – Any experience or exposure would be advantageous.Experience with core networking concepts including Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name Service (DNS), Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs).
• Experience supporting Enterprise Trend Anti-SPAM products.
• Experience managing Multi-Site distributed environment.
• Extensive (3 plus years) experience with Outlook, including 2003/2007
• Extensive (2-3 years) experience with Blackberry devices and Blackberry Enterprise Server V5x
• Microsoft OCS & Group Chat experience
• An ability to interact with and help clients with varying degrees of technical sophistication
• Ability to learn new technology rapidly is critical
• Proficient in documentation and report generation
• Ability to accomplish projects independently involving a variety of computing technologies
• Omtool Accuroute
• Scripting experience (VBscript, PowerShell)
• An understanding of VM technologies
• RSA SecurID administration
• Effective conveyance of ideas through oral and written communication.
• The ability to develop and build persuasive rationale to address technical architecture needs and requirements.
• Strong team skills with the ability to facilitate activities across organisational borders.
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• The ability to develop strong personal relationships.
• High degree of analytical ability and creativity to enable the resolution of complex issues.
• The ability to gather information from a wide range of sources.