We are currently looking for an Lotus Notes - Messaging Advisor to work on the leveraged Messaging team. This individual will provide leadership and direction in the design, implementation and support of Dell services customer Lotus notes Infrastructure.
Manages/participates in project lifecycle and deliver projects on time, on budget & within spec. Guides/ consults customers with the definition of realistic requirements.
Participates in team meetings and assists with definition of systems design.
Assures projects adhere to published project management processes.
Provides input regarding scalability, capacity and performance as solutions grow. Maintain documentation on existing architectures, standards, policies and procedures.
Research new Lotus Notes versions and features. Propose changes to existing architectures, standards, policies and procedures for review and approval.
Identify and implement technologies, service packs and hotfixes that will improve reliability and overall system stability for the customer Lotus Notes infrastructure environment. Ensure Dell Messaging Operations team has the ability to measure availability and capacity of the email environment in addition to having monitoring and alerting. Ensure team members are included in all communications, project planning, requirements gathering and decisions. Ensure Dell Messaging Operations team is included during planning, design, testing and implementation phases. Include documentation for full Operational turnover as a project deliverable for all projects
- Functional/technical requirements:
- 5 to 7 years progressive experience in Lotus Notes, or equivalent combination of education and Messaging Services Analyst skill-level experience.
- Possess a minimum of 4 years of professional Notes infrastructure experience as well as 2 years of Unified Communications experience
- Understands, applies and may adapt fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to systems engineering and systems administration.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of an Enterprise Messaging Infrastructure business needs.
- Ability to recommend improvements to achieve Business goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of Server and Networking principles pertaining to enterprise environment
- Build, implement, and manage products/solutions for hosted and remotely managed Messaging Environments.
- Capable of maintaining a Messaging infrastructure according to company SLAs.
- Perform Messaging server administration, Messaging client troubleshooting and resolution.
- Test, configure and deploy operating system/software including Service Packs, upgrades, hot fixes, etc.
- Familiar with the integration of Messaging with wireless technologies (ActiveSync, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and GoodLink Messaging Server).
- Monitor results of Messaging application backup and recovery and troubleshoots of related issues.
- Analyze and, where possible, improve efficient Messaging delivery strategies.
- Design and implement Messaging-related tasks such as load balancing, performance / load testing, anti-virus/anti-spam defense, authentication protocols and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Products – Lotus Notes
- Skills - E-mail Administration
- Skills - Internet/SMTP
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information System or equivalent work experience in a large
- Certification – Lotus Notes
- Products - Corporate IM Solutions
- Products - Quest
- Skills - Clustered E-mail Solutions
- Skills - Content Filtering
- Skills - Routing
- Skills - Wireless Messaging
Dell - 11 months ago
Dell Inc. (Dell) is a technology company that designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells, and supports a range of products. Its product...