This position provides courier services for Lehigh University and Printing & Mailing Services.
Picks up and delivers mail and small parcels to campus offices.
Assists with the operation of labeling and other mailroom equipment as available.
- Scheduled stops are made within appropriate, pre-determined time frames
Transfers data tapes to offsite data storage facility.
- Assists with locating and re-addressing incorrectly addressed mail
- Provides backup to other mail route(s)
- Maintains a clean, uncluttered, and safe work area
Operates motor vehicle safely and efficiently and observes all relevant traffic laws, warnings, and road signs.
- Delivers tapes to proper location
Uses computer and software to complete daily tasks.
Understands and follows appropriate safety procedures.
- Maintains vehicle records
- Performs simple maintenance
- Exercises good judgment in the operation of a motor vehicle, especially during inclement weather
- Observes safe operating procedures for press and bindery equipment including large paper cutters
- Follows OSHA and University safety procedures, including Right-to-Know and Lockout/Tag-out procedures
- Disposes of all waste, hazardous and non-hazardous fluids, chemicals, inks, or other products properly
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
One to three years related work experience
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Good analytical and decision making skills
Basic computer skills
Valid Driver’s License required and good driving record
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Occasional evening, holiday, or weekend work is required during periods of high volume
Lehigh University - 14 months ago