Pick up and distribute mail, memos, packages, paper communication and documents within the Hospital, former Cancer Center, and Medical Office Building (Broadway).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude in all aspects of job duties
- Collect mail from the mailroom on each round for delivery to departments or individuals
- Collect mail from departments or individuals for delivery to other departments, individuals, or the mailroom.
- Keeps mail and messages organized on the mail cart.
- Pushes and guides the transportation cart in such a way as not to cause injury to self or others or damage hospital walls, doors, elevators, etc.
- Makes three rounds of all hospital areas each shift.
- Reports problems with messenger services to Telecommunications Manager on a timely basis.
- Makes recommendation for changes and/or improvements in Messenger service.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information as required of all employees.
- Delivers newspapers to hospital departments and nursing stations as needed.
- Gives directions to visitors and other hospital guests as necessary.
- Meet and greet people well and demonstrate a helping, caring attitude.
- Advise staff as to proper addressing of inter-departmental envelopes.
- Assist in the mailroom as needed.
- Willing to work overtime as necessary.
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned by the Telecommunications Manager
- Effectively communicate pertinent information within the department
- Within 90 days of employment, the employee will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven ability to work independently without close supervision
- Use on-the-job training of telecommunications and general hospital policies to accurately perform job duties
- Prior experience as a messenger or mail clerk is preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas while speaking.
- Must be able to walk long distances to cover three rounds of the hospital, former Cancer Center and MOB (Broadway)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
SoutheastHEALTH - 22 months ago