Streaming metadata is a key element in ensuring a solid personalized Netflix experience. We are part of the Netflix Product Engineering team, which supports the movie discovery, personalized recommendations, and playback for each of the 30 million subscribers who reach us via the website, TV-connected and mobile devices across more than 40 countries. We develop high performance libraries and servers powering the video metadata needs for all of Netflix (e.g. member experience, playback experience, and signup experience), making it the compelling service it is, handling close to 100 billion operations/day.
These systems ensure solid data flow all the way from the CDNs to recommendation systems that provide the experience uniquely suited for each user and device, and you will have a critical role to play in its success!
Are you passionate about building top-notch systems? Do you want to work with bright engineers who love to solve hard problems? When you get up in the morning and think about your work for the day are you excited? Do your co-workers know who you are, what you do, and that you do it exceptionally well? This is the kind of environment that we value at Netflix. High performance is not only noticed but expected.
We are looking for a seasoned and motivated hands-on Senior Engineering Lead who has a great collaborative mentality and excellent communication skills.
- Design and Implement end-to-end infrastructure for highly visible tools and dashboards for video metadata across Netflix
- Lead cross-functional project teams, while being a hands-on team member
- Drive the vision for dashboards, performance and data validation tools
- Interact with various user teams and proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in tools and dashboards
This is a great opportunity to enhance your cloud computing skills working with a number of open source platforms, and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of Netflix products and services.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least five years of relevant software engineering and tool development experience
- Good Java and object-oriented development skills
- Past experience leading cross-functional efforts and driving tool improvements
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems like cassandra and client-server architectures
- BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as a project lead a plus
- Experience with distributed data analysis and troubleshooting in complex distributed systems
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. You can learn more at www.netflix.com/Jobs.
Netflix - 2 years ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...