There is a currently an urgent need for a Metallurgist with extensive steel experience to join a stable organization on a full-time basis. This is a terrific opportunity with a stable organization offering an exceptional benefits package, relocation assistance and other outstanding perks.
Oversee the daily operations of the material metallurgical test lab and perform metallurgical testing of materials and products.
- Responsible for ensuring steel supplier quality conforms to OEM specifications , to address corrective actions and recover defective materials
- Technically assess performance aspects of steel and steel processing
- Hold a lead role in the preparation and maintenance of process inspection instructions , reports, and quality alerts
- Initiate continual improvement efforts ; to include lean manufacturing, process error proofing, problem solving and resolution, etc.
- Assist in the design, development, and approval of checking aids and fixtures.
- Work closely with production staff on cost savings ideas.
All candidates MUST have the following experiences to qualify for consideration
- Please DO NOT APPLY unless you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in metallurgical testing and analysis
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of steel, materials, and steel processing is required
- Candidates who have worked only a laboratory/research setting would not be qualified for this opening; Individuals must have experience in the production or supporting the production of steel/steel-based products
- Understanding of basic steel property measuring techniques : tensile, micro hardness, acid bath, etc.
- Knowledgeable regarding steel mill and original equipment manufacturer specifications and capabilities
- Quality engineering experience is preferred
- Experience working in the automotive field is a plus
If interested and QUALIFIED , please send resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: quality engineer, quality manager, quality assurance engineer, QA engineer, quality assurance manager, QA manager, project engineer, industrial engineering, quality engineering, steel mill, material science, metallurgy, metallurgist, metals, manufacturing, production, automobile, vehicle, automotive manufacturing, automotive production, automotive supplier, automotive product, automotive stamping, metallurgical engineer, industrial plant, steel production, steel manufacturing, steelworks, steel product, steel producer, steel processor, steel processing
Etech Hi Inc. - 21 months ago