1. Reads residential, commercial and industrial customers gas meters. Records dial readings for billing purposes.
2. Observes and reports all abnormal, dangerous and/or damaged conditions pertaining to gas meters and adjacent areas.
3. Changes billing charts as necessary.
4. Performs other related duties as required.
1. A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) plus the completion of the Operator Qualification program for Meter Reader.
2. Valid drivers license.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide basic types of factual information.
Requires the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Requires basic computer skills for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Works in an outdoor environment. Requires some physical requirements such as lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds; extensive walking to check meters and operation of hand and mechanical equipment. Requires visual attention to detail in reading meter numbers accurately and recording them for billing purposes.
Atmos Energy, the largest gas-only utility company in the US, is interested in more than atmospherics; it is focused on delivery. Through...