1. Reads residential, commercial and industrial customers gas meters. Records dial readings for billing purposes.
2. Observes and reports all abnormal, dangerous and/or damaged conditions pertaining to gas meters and adjacent areas.
3. Changes billing charts as necessary.
4. Performs other related duties as required.
1. A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) plus the completion of the Operator Qualification program for Meter Reader.
2. Valid drivers license.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide basic types of factual information.
Requires the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Requires basic computer skills for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
Works in an outdoor environment. Requires some physical requirements such as lifting and moving objects up to 50 pounds; extensive walking to check meters and operation of hand and mechanical equipment. Requires visual attention to detail in reading meter numbers accurately and recording them for billing purposes.
Atmos Energy - 18 months ago
Atmos Energy, the largest gas-only utility company in the US, is interested in more than atmospherics; it is focused on delivery. Through...