Reads meters and records consumption of gas. Follows appropriate safety guidelines and uses safe work habits.
- Walks or drives vehicles along established routes to take readings of residential and commercial gas meters and enters data into hand-held computers.
- Verifies readings in cases where consumption appears to be abnormal, and records possible reasons for fluctuations. Inspects meters for unauthorized connections, defects, and damage such as broken seals. Reports problems such as meter irregularities, damaged equipment, or impediments to meter access, including dogs. Answers customers' questions about services and charges, or directs them to the customer service center. Leaves messages to arrange different times to read meters in cases where meters are ot accessible. Updates client address and meter location information.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers and supervisors. Requires working alone and with others in a group or team. Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams. Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people.
- Requires making decisions without supervision that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization. Requires ability to determine tasks, priorities and goals.
- Ability to perform basic math skills. Requires being exact or highly accurate and meeting strict deadlines.
2828 Dauphin Street
State / Province:
The Sempra family of companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sempra Energy - 22 months ago