The Meter Reader is responsible for reading, checking, installing, and repairing water meters on designated routes.
This is a temporary position, expected to last approximately 8 months and will include "On-Call" duty.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately reads and records water meters for billing purposes
- Checks meters and reports inoperable, damaged or missing meter boxes
- Replaces inoperable meters
- Reports and repairs leaks and vandalism of meters and meter boxes
- Maintains records of volume used by residential and commercial consumers
- Performs bench tests of meters at customer request
- Rebuilds inoperable or defective meters
- Cleans meter boxes and surrounding area
- Performs meter re-reads and other activities associated with the contract
- Ensures the cleanliness of any assigned vehicle, tools, or equipment
- Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions
High school diploma and 1-3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of the use of simple equipment and hand tools such as wrenches, shovels, picks, hammers, saws, and chisels
- Basic mathematical skills to enable computation of past/present meter readings
- Map reading ability
- Excellent oral communication skills
Frequent walking, standing, and stair climbing.
Occasional lifting of 50 pounds required.
Frequent lifting of 15 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
Internal candidates have 6 work days to apply to this position from date of posting.
Severn Trent Services - 20 months ago
Severn Trent Services is intent on providing cleaner water for consumers around the globe. The company, a subsidiary of UK-based Severn...