Performs meter reading daily. Plans, schedules, and executes daily work so as to comply with ACC/DOT standards. Enters meter reads into handheld electronic device. Accurately read gas meters, visual inspection of meters for damage, corrosion, etc. Performs special meter reading surveys as necessary. Will be required to use a PC for processing meter reads and generating meter read reports. Works outside in adverse weather conditions and requires walking, bending, lifting, and other physical activities. Paints meters, may dig out meters, may perform dial glass changes, perform vehicle safety inspections and other duties as assigned.
Position closes on 6-28-13. $14.65/hr
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to walk several miles every day in all weather conditions
- AZ Drivers License and good driving record
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency with Word & Excel
- Familiarity with area preferred
- Must be a team player, flexible and diversified
- Ability to work some overtime as required.
- The incumbent may be required to perform an operational, maintenance and/or emergency function. Such function may be in a safety sensitive role during the course of the calendar year and might include receiving and acting upon product release calls. Each employee who may be required to perform an operation, maintenance, or emergency-response function on a pipeline and/or pipeline facility shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and then be placed in the company's DOT random testing pool and subject to all phases of DOT testing. This requirement will remain in force even if the employee performing the "covered functions" and/or "safety-sensitive functions" could/would only perform this function one a week, month, or even once a year.
UniSource Energy Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard