We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service in the Utilities and Energy industry.
Our Customer Meter Services Department in has several openings for Meter Service Technicians to work in the field servicing our customers in our Cape Cod territories. Meter Service Technicians are responsible for the daily installation of gas meters at residential/commercial properties and changing gas meters in accordance with company policies.
Emergency calls maybe required.
DUTIES AS FOLLOWS :
- Must have a high school education or the equivalent
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and ability, high degree of dependability, and capable of exercising good judgment.
- Must pass Company physical and qualifying tests.
- Must have Massachusetts Driver’s License and be in good physical condition.
- Must be an approved driver of Company trucks.
Emergency Response (i.e. Gas leaks, CO, No Gas) Emergency Markouts, as current practice Leak Investigation Turn On & Off Change/remove/set meter Inspect Regulator Residential and Commercial Fitting work & associated regulator work Investigate metering conditions Clear gas service freeze ups & blockages (when trained) Storm restoration Perform all duties of lower classification HVAC/Plumbing experience desired
This position is a covered classification under D.O.T. Anti-Drug-Alcohol program regulations and candidates are required to pass a drug test.
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...