Job Title: Metrics Senior Analyst
Job ID: 03873
Division : Claims Operations
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Relational & Dimensional modeling, Proc reporting, SAS and Business Objects knowledge a plus.
One position available
The Metrics Senior Analyst develops key performance indicators for the division and provides data and analysis in support of divisional projects and initiatives. Collaborates with necessary business partners to generate reports needed to build recommendations for management. Acts as a liaison to other divisions to gather data and deliver metrics that support the division operations. Works with managers to ensure data integrity of the divisional data warehouse infrastructure and the division's operational and strategic performance scorecards.
- Data Reporting and Analysis (45%)
- Locates, acquires, manipulates and transforms, and analyzes data from various data sources, requiring the expert use of querying, reporting and presentation tools.
- Collaborates with business partners to incorporate necessary data and analysis outside the scope of the division as necessary.
- Completes high-level business analysis which supports and drives division business decisions. Produces analysis to explain variances and anomalies in data.
- Establishes models for workforce issues to facilitate planning, developing and monitoring of division initiatives.
- Works with necessary business partners to create metrics related to the divisional profit and growth plan.
- Operational Metric Development (25%)
- Creates operational metrics related to the division initiatives, such as those related to subrogation, special investigations, customer satisfaction, or productivity. Produces basic analysis and commentary to explain variances and anomalies.
- Organizes, plans, controls and manages initiatives, processes and systems for divisional measures and metrics. Identifies innovative analytical approaches and continuously seeks improvements in methodology for divisional data analytics and delivery.
- Collaborates with other functions and departments to define and establish the most appropriate metrics and reporting needs for each area to effectively meet business needs and drive actionable results.
- Provides direction and assistance in the monitoring of corporate and division control activities through analysis of corporate reports and information, ad hoc reporting and communications with management regarding measured compliance with established controls.
- Serves as steward of divisional scorecard and operational metrics. Monitors division staffing capacity models and productivity; recommends modifications to the model based on analysis.
- Supports all divisional departments with project-related analytics needs. Partners with Controller division to provide costs, benefits and financial analysis information as required for major projects.
- Oversees customer satisfaction metrics and associated reporting. Provides input into customer satisfaction surveys.
- Data Governance (20%)
- Works with Business Technology Unit to manage overall standards for divisional data marts and universes.
- Develops processes to ensure accurate creation and cleansing of data files for data mining/analytics and reporting.
- Validates all metric data and other divisional information that goes outside the division.
- Manages the data management component of ongoing divisional programs. Manages the process of sample size and associated data pulls, data appends and data accuracy.
- Identifies and implements enhancements either in delivery or in the integrity or quality of the data with a focus on a delivery model that makes division data and metrics more readily accessible to operations and supporting divisions.
- Develops and manages appropriate processes and systems to support divisional metrics.
- Metric Benchmarking (10%)
- Researches best practices throughout the industry and other relevant benchmark groups.
- Serves as liaison with external consulting groups as it relates to data needs.
- Collaborates with management to define benchmark approach and guidelines for the division and makes recommendations from benchmark data.
- Works with management and other business partners to identify data analysis benchmark opportunities.
- Devises approaches to compile and present meaningful claims data from a variety of sources that result in significant impacts to divisional programs.
- Shares knowledge with team members to improve overall metric service delivery.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Conceptual Thinking
- Organizational Awareness
- Quantitative Analysis
- Relationship Building
- Demonstrated experience consulting leadership on complex metrics concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing data sets for wide-spread use.
- Demonstrated experience performing advanced financial or business analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to build complex formulas and create reports.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing software tools to query and report data (e.g., Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal, or PeopleSoft).
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...