This position serves as lead role for SEM analysis; working with customers to insure testing requirements and schedule are met, providing data/image analysis and report summaries to both internal and external customers, and training others as backup. This position will be physically located at CNSE’s Smart System Technology and Commercialization Center in the Rochester, NY area. The duties of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Provide timely and accurate SEM/EDAX analysis to support all STC projects and external customer requests, including sample preparation of various materials on silicon/glass substrates.
- Coordinate SEM/EDAX maintenance and calibration with OEM.
- Provide failure analysis support for all STC projects and external customer requests.
- Coordinate/prepare samples for external analytical analyses, track data, and costs. Communicate details with project managers and outside customers.
- Assist with the implementation of STC Quality initiatives to improve product through put, process capability and reduce defectivity.
- Maintain and track STC wafer inventory.
- Calibration of tools and coordination of tool maintenance.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- An Associate’s degree in an engineering or science related discipline from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Three or more years relevant industry experience in Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Energy Dispersive Spectrometer (EDS), familiarity with FIB-SEM, NRA, TEM, FTIR XPS and sample prep experience.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills, ability to interact with internal as well as external customers, organizational time management, report writing and presentation skills.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a
background investigation; this position may be subject to annual
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Material Science preferred.
- Background in ISO and failure analysis preferred.
- MEMS and Cleanroom experience preferred.
- Experience with Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) a plus.
- Knowledge of Eyelit Software a plus.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding