Under close supervision, responsible for operating complex equipment, maintaining accurate documentation and completing basic set-up of equipment. This is a journey-level of professional development in the Career Ladder System.
This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates complex equipment independently, as defined.
- Shares information about equipment performance during shift change meeting.
- Checks/reviews labels and batch records for accuracy.
- Separates any potential unacceptable materials during processing.
- Verifies and ensures correct set-up of minor equipment, as defined.
- Adjusts equipment in process to maintain specification.
- Suggests improvements in methodology or process.
- Recognizes product characteristics and problems to watch for.
- Ensures project deadlines and performance standards are established and met.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Business and personal computer hardware and software applications.
Equipment, process rooms and manufacturing area SOPs and GMPs.
Record keeping skills.
Basic mathematical calculation and measurement methods and practices.
Current Company policies and practices, including safety rules and regulations.
Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, stooping and crouching climbing and walking, vision to monitor, occasional lifting of equipment or materials weighing up to 50-70 pounds. Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with moderate to loud noise levels. Work performed may require the use of a respirator and incumbents may be subject to a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) to determine eligibility for fit-testing.
- Ability to read, write and understand documentation in English.
- Establish and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Providing excellent customers service with both internal and external customers.
- Working independently as well as in a group.
- Operating scientific and personal computers.
- Managing multiple projects, duties and assignments.
- Interpreting and applying Federal, state and local policies, procedures and regulations.
High School diploma or equivalent, and minimum of two (2) or more years experience, preferably in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics or food industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Watson Pharmaceuticals - 17 months ago