Reports to the center director. Directly supervises the human resources assistant. Responsible for the management of human resources which includes personnel administration, staff training, EO/affirmative action programs and employee relations in compliance with federal and local laws, government directives and corporate policy.
1. Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and human resources services of the center.
2. Provide staff training; evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the center director, corporate and DOL regional offices.
3. Develop and monitor departmental budget, control expenditures; review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
4. Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting the human resources area; coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall center objectives.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services. Prepare related reports. Conduct annual department assessment.
6. Inspect facilities regularly; maintain quality standards.
7. Conduct employee recruitment activities. Recruit and screen applicants and extend approved employment offers; process all job references for new employees, including verification of previous employment and educational qualifications.
8. Manage recruitment, screening and selection of qualified applicants with the hiring supervisor; advise in salary determination.
9. Ensure applicant tracking system is accurate and documents are scanned in correctly.
10. Manage the administration of group insurance and savings and investment programs to ensure uniform application and interpretation of policy and procedure.
11. Administer wage and salary program including salary and personnel changes, evaluation of position descriptions, personnel records and reports, rate structures and area wage and salary surveys.
12. Plan, develop, conduct and oversee the center staff training plan; coordinate with senior staff to ensure plan is followed; conduct new employee orientation, staff and supervisory training; ensure staff training records are updated in a timely manner.
13. Coordinate affirmative action compliance and equal employment opportunity.
14. Manage staff performance evaluation system. Ensure evaluations are submitted on a timely basis, are correct and completed properly.
15. Advise and assist supervisors in employee relations and benefit matters.
16. Forward grievance, discrimination charges, requests for termination and other critical personnel matters to the center director for recommendation, review and coordination with the corporate office.
17. Process paperwork for terminating employees, perform exit interviews, employee attitude surveys and report results to center director.
18. Maintain all personnel related records and reports as required by MTC and government agencies.
19. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
20. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
21. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
22. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies, promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
23. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
24. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free or harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
Management and Training Corporation is an international organization dedicated to helping people realize their learning potential. MTC creates nurturing environments in which education is encouraged and recognized. Self-respect, skill development and confidence all emerge from those who participate in MTCs educational opportunities to improve their quality of life. MTC provides life changing opportunities through academic, career and technical training, and social skills training. For over a quarter of a century, MTC has operated a successful job training program through the federal governments Job Corps program. As an employer, MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
Bachelor's degree in related field and three years experience required, two of which should be in a supervisory capacity. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid CA driver's license with an acceptable driving record. Drug test, background check and DMV check before employment.
All interested partities must apply at www.mtctrains.com .
Management & Training Corporation - 12 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...