Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM) and Goupil Industrie SA, and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.
The IS Project Manager position is responsible for managing multiple projects and leading project implementations of solutions for our business. Main responsibilities include balancing project priorities with daily support, leading project implementations of solutions, accomplished through the management of project plans, schedules, budgets, resource assignments, and user coordination. Overall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the implementation project lifecycle.
The primary focus will be on managing business intelligence projects, including working closely with business areas to drive requirements for large, complex projects using Microsoft technologies to deliver dashboards, reports, and analytic solutions.
This is an exciting role in a challenging and fast-paced environment that requires business-customer partnership skills, business & technical acumen and the ability to effectively execute projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Partnering with Business (25%)
1. Collaborates with business partners to determine opportunities and priorities.
2. Scopes and structures IS projects. Performs detailed requirements gathering.
3. Works with business to provide status updates, open issues and resolutions.
4. Effectively interacts with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Project Leadership and Management (60%)
1. Develops project work plans, estimates and manages project timelines, tasks, resources, and budget.
2. Actively participates and coordinates IS teams in solution definition, design, validation, and implementation.
3. Resolves/escalates project issues to minimize impact to schedule and/or budget.
4. Leads and manages cross functional project team in delivering projects.
5. Manages multiple projects concurrently.
1. Identifies and executes continuous improvements to process and systems.
2. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
3. Provides day-to-day system support to users.
4. Prepares and provides project status.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Minimum of bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business or related field required.
• Minimum of five years of project management experience; ability to manage projects across multiple departments and locations, serving a variety of needs.
• Experience with software packages (CRM, ERP, WMS, SCM) as well as custom development.
• Experience with software development methodologies and processes.
• Experience managing large business intelligence or data warehouse projects.
• Highly organized and self-driven individual with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Skilled at building and fostering relationships within a matrix organization.
• Experience with IBM iSeries/AS400 platforms desirable.
Standard office environment. Some travel is required.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...