The role of the DTT Operations Manager is responsible managing, supervising, coaching, mentoring, and providing guidance to a group of three (3) Logistics professionals, 2 package truck Coordinators, and 1 rail Coordinator in an operations center environment. This position is responsible in meeting the monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and objectives of DTT Business Unit and APL Logistics, including volume, savings, budget, and compliance objectives. Ensure that all processes and procedures are adhered to and followed in accordance with the guidelines set forth by our customer. Ensure customer satisfaction and develop staff capabilities through coaching and training. Managing LogisticsCenter Budget. This position is located in Wilmington, DE.
Key Result Areas
- Management of the daily employee activities including workload, schedules, and coverage schemes where applicable for Domestic and Rail Operations.
- Work with DTT’s Supply Chain Group to identify supply chain opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to develop and integrate through automation of customer and APLL / TONA process and procedural improvements. Assist in the identification of process improvement opportunities relating to customer Modal Teams. Document and communicate benefit.
- Streamline existing performance measures to a select few KPI’s, track / measure improvements as it relates to time, resources, and value.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager
College degree or equivalent education and experience
5 years in shipping with operations and Network Management preferred
Experience using mainframe application is required (CCMS,ETC), Strong MS Office skills preferred
Minimum requirements (must haves)
Decision making, problem solving and strong analytical skills.
Strong Analytical Skills, Tolerance of Ambiguity and strong team player.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American's with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact mailto: ApplicantAssistance@apl.com for assistance.
APL - 12 months ago
APL's tagline is apt: moving business forward. The company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL),...