Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage team of Logistics Supervisors; responsible for goal-setting, performance management, development, coaching, and feedback of direct reports.
Makes timely and cost effective decisions for short- and long-term sustainability of business.
Provides clear vision and direction for direct reports; removes roadblocks for team and provides guidance in navigating through difficult situations.
Motivates, recognizes, develops and retains employees within team; fosters a culture of engagement within department.
Manages and oversees special projects, including, but not limited to:
Integration of large or complicated clients
Cost analysis and expense reduction efforts
Quality and service improvements
Maintain route sheet accuracy and update local SOPs
Work closely with West Region Fleet Manager to optimize fleet in conjunction with route optimization initiatives.
Leads others by example by demonstrating core values of integrity, accountability, innovation, quality, collaboration and leadership.
Establishes and measures work productivity standards within department and ensures supervisors are holding employees accountable to policies and performance standards
exempt and non-exempt employees
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, and acts with customers in mind.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others – Constructs compelling development plans and executes them, pushes people to accept developmental moves, and is a people-builder.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions, sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process, progress, and results.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; Empowers others.
- Priority Setting – Spends time and the time of others on what’s important; Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; Eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
- Communication – Has strong written and oral communication skills; can tailor message to a wide variety of audiences to achieve understanding.
- Project Management – Ability to prioritize and delegate effectively to deliver results for complex projects within established deadlines.
BS, BA or equivalent experience.
8+ years experience in logistics field with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
Logistics experience including managerial.
Project management experience.
Travel Required within region and intra-region 20-25%
Green Belt certification desirable
Valid Driver’s License; MVR reflects safe driving; Skilled with computers; Able to effectively communicate with any audience using a variety of mediums
Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (required); experience with QDSTS, QDTrac, Megasys, Kronos, Pilgrim, and RiMMs preferred.
- This position will be responsible for leadership and oversight of daily operations in, but not limited to, one of the following logistics operations:
- Bakersfield, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Ventura, and Van Nuys
- Will oversee efforts to ensure employee safety, superior customer service and management of specimen integrity to facilitate quality results to our clients
- Will be responsible for implementation of corporate and regional projects and initiatives
- Work Location flexible within territory.
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...