This position is both a process owner and an oversight owner. As a process owner, this position is accountable for the entire Work Management Process at the station, with a focus on ensuring the implementation of the strategic direction of the station.
As an oversight owner, this position is responsible for the Outage Readiness and Execution Process by virtue of being the overall manager over the Outage Manager and Production Manager at the station and process owner for all Work Management Processes.
1. Serve as the process owner and sets the direction for Online Risk Management, the T Process, all Online and Outage Planning, Scheduling Process, and Work Management Critique Process.
2. Support the Site Vice President, GMPO, Director, Regulatory & Performance Improvement and Engineering Director in identifying/correcting station department Managers and personnel that are not properly fulfilling their roles and responsibilities as they relate to the work management / outage management processes.
3. Ensure that Fleet Processes are properly implemented related to Online and Outage Work Order Planning and Scheduling. Responsible for providing resolutions to the most complex problems related to improper implementation of processes.
4. Oversight of the validation, monitoring and analysis of the indicators for station performance. Review gaps as identified from metrics and put corrective actions in place to improve performance as it relates to the work management process.
5. Ensure all station Outage Milestones are achieved per fleet standards. Work closely with the station senior leadership team to hold all personnel accountable for any shortcomings. Oversight of department costs through maximization of staff productivity and tracking expenditures within budget parameters.
6. Set and continuously reinforce station productivity and schedule performance standards. Responsible for ensuring all station System Outages, Plant Downpowers and Plant Outages are executed with the highest level of Risk Mitigation, Safety and Efficiency. Maintain a robust relationship with the Director, Fleet Production and senior management to ensure that industry benchmarked best practices and fleet learning's are incorporated into fleet procedures and
- Functional Knowledge: Requires comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and knowledge of others.
- Business Expertise: Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the function.
- Leadership: Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems.
- Impact: Impacts the business results of a sub-function by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans. Guided by functional business plans.
- Interpersonal Skills: Influences others internally and externally, including senior leaders.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description Â¿ may require Â¿other duties as assignedÂ¿
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs
- Job description does not guarantee employment
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED OF THE POSITION
B.S. degree in Engineering or other scientific discipline generally associated with power plant operations or Equivalent Experience. (Equivalent Experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Manager level. A degree is very strongly preferred.)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OF THE POSITION
SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR (desired).
- 10 years experience in nuclear power design, construction, maintenance, operations, radiation protection, PS&O;, or equivalent.
- 5 years supervisory/management experience.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Number of Openings
Relocation is APPROVED in accordance with the Entergy guidelines.
How To Apply
For consideration, all applications must be submitted online via www.entergy.com/careers and received by the job posting closing date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Entergy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not condone or tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation. Entergy promotes the development of all employees and encourages each individual to achieve as much success as their talents and initiative will allow.
Entergy Corporation - 6 months ago