"We will use our role as the area’s leading health insurer to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health and wellness of our members."
Summary of Position:
Responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining strategic and tactical working relationships with customers in one or more business segments.
Essential Accountabilities – Other duties may be assigned:
Principal Challenges – List the most typical and/or most complex problems or challenges faced in performing the job:
- Performs as liaison between enterprise and end-users, outside vendors, contractors, and consultants to define and establish service and support requirements. May participate in contract negotiation and administration.
- Regularly interacts with functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify customer requirements. Investigates and resolves customer relationship problems.
- Analyzes and determines operational and financial impact of new product and service offerings.
- Proposes changes or solutions to products and services for optimal business results.
- Assists in organization change management and functions as an internal consultant in analyzing business processes, assessing and defining customer specifications and requirements, proposing business solutions that prioritizes technology and services needs to satisfy customer requirements, and facilitating solution design, building and testing.
- Manages applications development and implementation teams.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Finding the proper balance between business needs and opportunities, and the technology solutions available (or capable of being developed).
- Ensuring that tactical plans, project schedules, and activities support the timely delivery of strategic technologically-based tools and solutions.
- Ensuring that IT and/or vendor actions support the needs of business customers.
Manages a team of IT and Business process professionals from various job families and levels.
Qualifications – The following qualifications are representative of the basic knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other (please specify)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to lead, guide, motivate, develop, and direct the work of others.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of a broad range of information technology tools, processes, and terms.
- Working knowledge of business principles and processes, and of how these can be affected by information technology.
- Understanding of business segments supported, to include their business drivers for success, process and approaches to business models.
- Technical expertise in one or more business and/or IT functions key to the IT/business partner relationship.
Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or other relevant academic field, and 6-9 years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments, and at least 1-2 years of experience with managing team(s) on an ongoing or project basis in technology development and implementation, business development and/or client management; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required:
Physical Demands – The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
An incumbent in this job performs most duties while sitting, and frequently uses hands to finger, handle, feel, or key data. Makes frequent use of the abilities to speak and hear. Required vision capacities include close and color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Work is performed principally in an environmentally-controlled office setting, with no exposure to adverse conditions. Some travel outside the office on company business may occur.
BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City - 20 months ago