Responsible for the training program at an Entergy Nuclear Plant.
1. Develop and implement training programs that meet or exceed industry standards and regulatory requirements. Manage the achievement and maintenance of National Academy for Nuclear Training accreditation.
2. Manage the upkeep and maintenance of training facilities including the control room simulator, maintenance laboratories, and chemistry laboratories. Continually review and assess the effectiveness of site training programs.
3. Review department work assignments to ensure the staff is appropriately prioritizing site training requirements. Identify and define short and long range site training needs and establish program requirements. Coordinate activities with other departments.
4. Review, approve and administer training processes and procedures. Oversee procedures and documentation which govern and control departmental activities. Develop and maintain strategic staffing plans for the department.
5. Develop departmental goals that align with station and company goals. Evaluate department personnel performance and develop improvement plans as necessary. Conduct ongoing and periodic assessments of training programs.
6. Participate in assessments at other utilities. Develop and implement change management plans as programs or processes are revised. Represent the department at plant meetings to discuss and resolve matters effecting nuclear plant safety, industrial safety, radiological safety, and environmental conditions. Interface with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of station activities. Maintain a robust relationship with the Director, Fleet Training to ensure benchmarked best practices and fleet learnings are incorporated.
- Functional Knowledge: Requires in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines.
- Business Expertise: Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives.
- Leadership: Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems.
- Impact: Impacts the level of service and the teamÂ¿s ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives. Guided by policies, resource requirements, budgets and the business plan.
- Interpersonal Skills: Guides, influences and persuades others either internally in other areas or externally with customers or agencies.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description Â¿ may require Â¿other duties as assignedÂ¿
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs
- Job description does not guarantee employment
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
B.S. degree in Engineering or other scientific discipline generally associated with power plant operations or Equivalent Experience. (Equivalent Experience is defined as demonstrated success at the manager level. A degree is very strongly preferred.)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR (desired).
- 5 years experience in nuclear training or as a line manager or supervisor in an area with an accredited training program.
- 5 years supervisory/management experience in an operating nuclear power plant.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Number of Openings
Relocation is APPROVED in accordance with the Entergy guidelines.
How To Apply
For consideration, all applications must be submitted online via www.entergy.com/careers and received by the job posting closing date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Entergy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not condone or tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation. Entergy promotes the development of all employees and encourages each individual to achieve as much success as their talents and initiative will allow.
Entergy Corporation - 12 months ago