This position is responsible for managing the processes and staff used for analysis and presentation of clinical information to clients and physicians. Oversees the development and implementation of statistical analysis, data modeling, interpretation, presentation, and coordination of services within other areas of Healthcare Services. Recommends specific courses of action with focus on assuring appropriate healthcare services are provided to members of employer and physician groups.
Primary Job Duties:
- Responsible for departmental structure, staffing and management to effectively develop and retain an effective staff of analysts with the ability to provide actionable recommendations and information that exceeds client expectations. Assist, train and raise the level of employee performance through constructive feedback and accurate assessment of staff performance.
- Directs the operations and workflow for employer clinical analytics that exceeds the expectations of clients and physicians as documented in the project requirements and statement of work. Oversees the preparation and presentation of proactive, targeted health care utilization analyses that identifies health care trends, related costs and potential solutions to decrease or control medical expense. Responsible for quality assurance of report production.
- Ensures healthcare services follow through with account action plans. Coordinates with other healthcare services teams, provider services, and Employer Group Reporting Consultants to optimize care and delivery of information to employers.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a process to solicit feedback from employer groups relative to their respective programming preferences.
- Recommends design aspects o the healthcare services programs based on feedback from the SBUs and clients to maximize client value, trend management and revenue
Bachelors Degree (Nursing)
- Analytical skill level that provides the ability to recognize and recommend solutions to problems as they relate to data and information.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills necessary to create and deliver public presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective working relationships and to function in a leadership and consulting capacity.
- Experience in employer/broker relations and understanding of employer needs for managing health care expense and improving the health of employees.
- Clinical expertise of the health needs of the population(s) served.
- Implements and follows procedures to ensure data security and privacy of protected health information (PHI).
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Office applications - Expert level in MS Excel and Powerpoint and Intermediate level in MS Word and Access.
Licensed professional nursing degree from an accredited nursing program, college or university. Masters degree in Nursing preferred. A minimum of ten (10) years work experience as an RN. Experience as a Clinical Informatics Analyst is preferred.
- Must be able to accommodate regional travel. (DMV check will be conducted to review candidate's driving record)
- Must be able to accommodate regional/national travel (auto or air)
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must have ability and access to work from remote location such as home
- Some travel to employer group locations, as requested
- Must be able to occasionally attend off-site meetings, events, conferences
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
- Physical Effort: Minimum; typical of most office work. Mostly sedentary work.
- Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Vision Req: Distance (clear vision at 20 feet or more)