Torpedo & Readiness Center (TRC) Mission Assurance, Quality & Six Sigma (MAQS) Lead
Salary Grade E06
Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities.
Raytheon IDS provides quantifiable competitive advantage by delivering NoDoubt
Mission Assurance to our customers.
We deliver value to our customers by building and maintaining a safe, secure and productive environment for our employees and customers that enables delivery of superior, integrated, and affordable solutions through Operational Excellence … the mindset and practice of continuous improvement.
Provide Mission Assurance, Quality, and Six Sigma (MAQS) leadership across Seapower Torpedoes programs and pursuits being executed at the Torpedo & Readiness Center (TRC) in Keyport, WA and other mission centers as required. This position reports directly to IDS Director of Operations Quality and indirectly to the Seapower Capability Systems Director of Mission Assurance and the Director of Torpedoes Programs/TRC Mission Center Executive. This individual will be responsible for ensuring program execution to contractual and business requirements, driving Mission Assurance, Quality, disciplined program performance, and root cause analysis to ensure the proactive identification and elimination of issues. This individual will be an active participant in the Leadership Team at the TRC and as such will be engaged in growth strategy development and execution activities, proposal development, TRC-wide initiatives and cross-CBT activities.
As the MAQS center lead, this person will be the focal point for all reach back activities to ensure process execution is consistent with IDS command media and best practices, connecting the team at the TRC to the entire IDS, Seapower and MAQS organization. The TRC MAQS Lead will engage MAQS resources from across IDS to ensure the subject matter expertise and capability of the entire MAQS organization is applied appropriately at the TRC to ensure program execution to business requirements, continuous improvement and the development of the TRC MAQS team.
The TRC MAQS Lead will lead quality planning (strategy, cost, schedule, resources); quality process definition, deployment and compliance; quality cost, schedule and staffing performance; and quality requirements flow down to the center and subcontractors. The position will require in-depth understanding and integration of advanced quality tools, models and process into the programs to assure effective process measurement, control, reporting and corrective action.
This individual will need the ability to mentor all functions and disciplines on the application of these quality tools, models and processes.
The position requires regular and frequent interface with internal (DCMA) and external (DoD/Navy) customers on appropriate program and quality status/issues. There will be extensive participation on cross-functional teams relying on a comprehensive working knowledge of all critical business, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management and sustainment processes.
Position also requires daily communication with functional areas to ensure day to day activities obtain the results necessary to support both quality and program strategies, goals and requirements.
Some specific tasks will be to define and maintain the Quality Management System for the Torpedoes programs and the TRC, managing implementation and compliance to AS9100:2009, Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and CMMI; provide the Customer interface for Quality; verify/manage Supplier and Subcontractor performance and compliance; ensure Contract, IPDS and overall program process compliance; lead/support Configuration Control Boards; review and approve Torpedoes program deliverables in accordance with the contract delivery requirements. The TRC MAQS Lead shall be responsible for Quality Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Corrective and Preventive Action (CA/PA), definition, reporting and analysis of metrics, ensuring risk identification and mitigation, ensuring Quality of design through participation and approval of various reviews, and reporting Quality status to the program, Quality Management and the Customer.
- Education (including Major): BS Engineering / Science
- Minimum 10 years experience with general ISO-9001/AS 9100 Quality requirements, commercial, aerospace, and defense regulations and standards
- Minimum 10 years experience in Six Sigma, CMMI
, Lean and other contemporary methodologies for process improvement
- Minimum 10 years quality sciences; quality systems, concepts, management and planning tools, statistical process control tools, application of analytical skills in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action
- Minimum 10 years proven knowledge of core Quality tasks (planning, control, improvement) with a particular strong history in driving compliance and validation in all activities
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading medium- to large-sized, matrixed organizations including customers and subcontractors, building high performing teams, resource capability, capacity, effectiveness and efficiency through people
- Minimum 10 years Strategic planning and goal deployment - strong strategic thinking skills coupled with ability to align and link organizational objectives
- Education (including Major): MS Engineering / Science and/or Business, certifications and / or relevant experience
- Certified Six Sigma Expert/Black Belt and/or advanced Lean certification
- ASQ Certification, CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) or CMQ/OE (Certified Manager of Quality / Operational Excellence)
- Raytheon EVMS certification
- Direct experience with US Navy major systems acquisition project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with proven success in communications at all levels
- Strong employee development and talent management skills
Ability to obtain a DoD Security SECRET Clearance
- Ability to travel 25% of time to support business execution
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon - 23 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...