The Manager of Inside Sales & Vendor Relations leads and sustains a high-performing team of Inside Sales representatives as well as an outsourced vendor to drive growth targets in the Health Plan’s service areas. This position drives organizational processes and procedures associated with selling consumer healthcare products via direct sales vehicles. A key role of the Manager of Inside Sales & Vendor Relations is to direct the Inside Sales call center staff, sales support staff and simultaneously the outsourced vendor through frequent assessment of performance in support of goal attainment.
• Aligns and directs Telesales strategy with the sales organization’s sales and retention goals.
• Directs and provides oversight of the outsourced call center vendor to support execution of sales program. This includes operational handling and liaison communication between vendor and internal departments to assure transparency, regular communication and swift resolution of issues and challenges.
• Participate in drafting and implementing short and long-term planning processes, prioritizing and scheduling required resources to meet objectives and apply cost/benefit analysis techniques for current and proposed projects.
• Works collaboratively with executive sales team to ensure staff responsibilities and activities align/meet with the overall sales strategies and broader objectives of the sales organization.
• Manages daily operations and performance of the Inside Sales team.
• Establishes departmental processes and procedures associated with selling direct-to-consumer healthcare products using proven and emerging tele-selling/direct-to-consumer inside sales techniques.
• Develops and executes monitoring and staff development programs to meet/exceed monthly sales targets/quotas for new membership.
• Designs and implements call monitoring programs to ensure highest quality standards for both consumer-centric sales communication and compliance adherence.
• Develops sophisticated reporting and monitors daily activity of the Inside Sales call center to maintain requisite performance and quality standards.
• Analyzes call center reports to uncover market trends, gaps in information or processes, as well as opportunities for course correction. Makes changes as necessary.
• Provides monitoring, coaching, mentoring programs as well as overall leadership to inside sales team by determining individual and departmental areas of strength and weakness alongside the strategies for improvement.
• Oversees staff training programs and instrumental in the development of training programs and associated materials.
• Determines appropriate staffing, resources and activities necessary to handle business surges during the year through projections and strategic workforce management analysis.
• Works alongside Marketing, Sales, Systems and other cross-functional team members to report on trends and forecasting, ultimately ensuring sales campaigns are executed as planned.
• Tests, refines and makes recommendations to enhance all call center materials including call guides, automation scripting and instructions, training and coaching materials and the like.
• Works with compensation team to design sales-driven call center contests (internally and for outsource vendor) to continually elevate and reward high performance of telesales staff.
• Identifies inefficiencies/process improvement and implement workflow changes as needed.
• Oversees process of working with both the internal and external customers as well as prospective customers to analyze and respond to complaints and satisfaction concerns. This will include root cause analysis, process improvement and inquiry resolution.
• Ensures that all telephone marketing activities adhere to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA) and the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR).
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Conducts periodic staff meetings to include timely distribution and education related to departmental and Ethics/Compliance information.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Sales and Marketing and/or health/business related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ management experience.
• Minimum of 7 years’ in inside sales/telesales and/or call center vendor oversight.
• Detailed experience with sales planning and forecasting.
• Previous experience in operational settings where processes and infrastructure are constantly evolving.
• Goal- and action-oriented with proven ability to meet sales goals.
• Experience working in contact center for health insurance sales and/or similar complex product category.
• Demonstrated experience in managing Inbound and Outbound sales and marketing campaigns are essential.
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated success managing outsourced vendor operations.
• Strong understanding of complex products and focus on simplifying complexity for an enhanced sales experience.
• Valid NYS Accident and Health License within six months of employment required. (No sales bonus can be earned until licensure is achieved.)
• Demonstrated expertise in project management with a focused attention to detail and follow-through, organizational skills required.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to represent data logically and informatively.
• Expertise working with a variety of call center tools to streamline workflow and reporting (e.g. ACD, IVR, WFM, CRM, etc.)
• Proficient using PC systems and Microsoft Office suite products.
This job has extensive contact with an outside vendor and will require regular travel .
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We exist to assure, in the communities we serve, that as many people as possible have affordable, dignified access to needed, effective...