Cricket Communications, a subsidiary of Leap Wireless, is the pioneer and leader in delivering innovative value-rich prepaid wireless services with no long-term contracts serving approximately 6 million customers. Cricket offers nationwide wireless voice and mobile data services over high-quality, all-digital wireless networks. Cricket's innovative products and services, including the award-winning Muve Music® - the first music service designed for a wireless phone, are available nationwide at Cricket branded retail stores, dealers, national retailers and at www.mycricket.com .
We are looking for employees with proven competency in their respective fields, who enjoy taking the initiative, and are comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment. We offer our team members a competitive total rewards program which incorporates both short- and long-term compensation and incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
We’re a dynamic, growing, equal-opportunity employer where employees discover that a career can become a calling. To learn more about career opportunities at Cricket please visit www.leapwireless.com/careers .
Manages field marketing activities for one or more markets within one of the company’s regions based on covered population and geographical area. In this capacity, Marketing Manager will be accountable for driving field marketing strategy and consistency throughout the region under the direction of General Manager. Working with field leadership, manager will develop and execute overall strategic local marketing plan which incorporates the national marketing and sales strategy and field level tactical plans. Responsible for ensuring the brand is properly represented within the region amongst all channels of distribution. Also provides executional support and auditing of merchandising in conjunction with Sales Director(s) within the Region as well as the roll out of all promotions and product launches. Responsible for the execution of local promotions/programs; coordinates with local teams to execute programs in the field. Evaluates and implements all local market promotions, events, sponsorships, community outreach. Works with Area Marketing Director and agencies to direct & develop advertising, media and PR plans. Responsible for identifying and developing earned media opportunities and managing associated relationships (local & national). Manages local teams in the execution of these programs. Accountable for managing local marketing budget; evaluates and audits all local marketing efforts. Responsible for understanding, measuring and implementing programs to improve key metrics in the business including but not limited to share, gross and net adds, brand awareness, churn, CPGA and ARPU. Responsible for understanding the competitive landscape within each market and accountable for developing and implementing defense strategies. Responsible for forecasting in conjunction with Area Marketing Director. Communicates all marketing plans, action items, competitive analysis and metrics internally within the market(s) and to Area Marketing Director. Accountable for working with each General Manager and their respective teams to identify additional growth opportunities/gaps in order for market(s) to deliver on annual operating plan.
Field Support 40%
- Manages field marketing activities
- Drives field marketing strategy and consistency
- Develops/implements local marketing plans
- Coordinates with local teams to execute programs in the field
- Responsible for identifying and developing earned media opportunities and managing associated relationships (local & national)
Brand Ambassador 20%
- Ensures brand compliance with functional team and amongst all channels of distribution
- Provides executional support and auditing of merchandising
- Accountable for managing local marketing budget; evaluates and audits all local marketing efforts.
- Responsible for understanding, forecasting, measuring and implementing programs to improve key metrics
- Responsible for the selection and management of Marketing Specialist (where applicable)
- Manages local teams in the execution of marketing events (direct reports, market staff and agency staff)
- Provides guidance on market advertising, media and PR preferences
- Provides case studies, best practices and tools to the entire field marketing organization
- Follows up regularly with marketing organization to modify and improve functional support
- Obtains and communicates competitive intelligence
- Communicates all marketing plans, action items and metrics
- Collaborates on additional growth opportunities/gaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Marketing or Communications or relevant work experience
- Sales and/or Marketing Support experience for a retail business.
- Min 7 years of experience in retail marketing, retail sales and/or category management in a fast-paced, consumer product or service industry.
- Min 5 years of experience in developing marketing strategies, marketing plans and tactical programs to achieve aggressive sales and revenue goals.
- Min 5 years of experience in managing and executing promotional campaigns, advertising campaigns and direct marketing programs from start to finish.
- Min 3 years of managing external organizations, partners and/or vendors. Supervisory experience
- Local marketing experience. Local key contacts and professional network preferred
- Strategic, analytical skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Proficeincy with MS office (Powerpoint, Excel, Viso and Word).
- Master’s Degree
- Wireless Industry and/or Technology Based Organizations
- Start-up company environment Wireless service provider, or carrier Package goods experience helpful
- Telecommunications Marketing or other service company experience
- Experience and/or knowledge of all types of media to include planning, purchasing, evaluating Project management experience
- Product launch experience
Our full-time employees enjoy the following benefits:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Domestic Partner Coverage
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Dependent Life
Company Paid Disability
3 Weeks Vacation
Jury Duty Pay
Travel Accident Insurance
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
Group Auto & Home Insurance Discount
Discounted Phones & Service for Immediate Family
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.