Working with the Director, the Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for planning and execution of the Company’s implementation of Model Audit Rule (MAR) internal control documentation. The Manager MAR Compliance will work collaboratively to scope, schedule and execute initial control documentation, work with process owners to identify control gaps and appropriate remediation steps, monitor progress of remediations, and ensure a sustainable process to incorporate ongoing updates to documentation. He or she will oversee a potentially large and diverse group of individuals, often on a dotted line or virtual basis, as they complete the required documentation and testing. This oversight encompasses all corporate entities and supports the Corporate Audit financial, operational, and regulatory audit processes, Compliance and the Legal area, Policy, Finance, and all Operational entities.
• Develops test plans and facilitate testing of internal controls as documented.
• Plans and Implements the company’s execution of the MAR internal control documentation.
• Ensures remediation actions are completed in a timely manner for all noted control deficiencies.
• Works with all levels of the organization to champion required actions, requiring strong negotiation skills and comfort operating with senior executives as well as front line staff.
• Develops metrics to monitor progress and ongoing compliance with internal control documentation and testing requirements, and present dashboard of project status to project sponsors as required. May necessitate interaction with senior executives, requiring keen grasp of significant issues and savvy management of limited “face time,” combined with strong interpersonal skills.
• Plans and manages projects across functions within the Company, with sensitivity for different levels of control awareness and resource availability, while championing the key objectives.
• Works with business process owners to create and maintain flowcharts, narratives and frameworks required to demonstrate an appropriate internal control environment for all significant processes.
• Manages assigned project resources, ensuring timely output of high quality documentation.
• Manages team “hiring”, including cosource resources and co-option of internal company resources. Oversees all assigned resources including providing feedback and coaching as necessary.
• Assists in evaluation of appropriate software to manage the internal control environment, including housing of Corporate documentation, ongoing control assertions, and testing data.
• Serves as an internal controls subject matter expert, and drive employee education and accountability relating to financial controls.
• Works proactively with business process owners to identify process changes that both enhance the control environment and provide value add to the business.
• Monitors the control environment of the Corporation to stay abreast of significant control issues and developments.
• Assists in development of Corporate policies required to close identified control gaps.
• Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and by adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with privacy policies and procedures.
• Conducts periodic staff meetings to include timely distribution and education related to departmental and Ethics/Compliance information.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting with a minimum of five years experience in audit or finance required. Professional designation – MA, MBA, CPA or CIA - preferred.
• Strong and extensive project management skills and organizational skills.
• Prior experience in implementing MAR or similarly related internal control assessments (such as Sarbanes-Oxley) strongly desired.
• Experience in design and evaluation of internal controls.
• Ability to prioritize issues for materiality and level of risk.
• Effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
• Proven leadership, negotiation, facilitation, and human relations skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills combined with high energy, can-do attitude.
• Ability to work, and to persuade others to work, within tight timelines.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 21 months ago