Manager of Crew Scheduling
Manage staff responsible for scheduling pilot and in-flight crews in compliance with FAA regulations, union contracts and Company policies. Ensure efficient departmental functions to support Company operational reliability.
Special Duties and Responsibilities :
· Develop monthly crew schedules for present and future flying, which comply with all 14 CFR’s, crew contracts, and Company policies.
· Coordinate with the Manager of Dispatch to ensure optimum utilization of crews during maintenance and/or weather irregularities.
· Manage crew scheduling staff in support of Company's operations.
· Ensure proper staffing of crew scheduling department.
· Coordinate with the training department to schedule required training events.
· Work closely with Crew Scheduling to continue to develop and improve procedures in CrewTrac in regards to pay.
· Monitor crew flight and duty times and generate monthly reports.
· Generate Crew Exception Report on a daily basis and monitor any crew members that may de-qualifiy.
· Maintain a good, impartial relationship with all crew members.
· Develop and revise the Crew Scheduling Policies and Procedure Manual
· Accomplish special projects as assigned by the Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer.
· Manage all In-flight data bases in Crew Trac, Crew Menu, FLiCA and the Preferential Bid System.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
· College Degree or High School Diploma / GED with equivalent experience required.
· Minimum of 3 years of aviation experience required.
· Minimum of 2 years Part 121 Crew Scheduling experience required.
· Proficient knowledge and experience with Sabre and other related systems required.
· Strong working experience with computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access software.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the Organization and vendors.
· Must possess excellent leadership and team building skills with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
· Must have the ability to handle confidential information and use good judgment in handling sensitive situations.
· Candidate should possess strong analytical and communications skills both written and oral as well as strong organizational skills
· Must have ability to evaluate and troubleshoot any problems and make decisions to correct.
· Attention to detail
· Be a self-starter/self motivated and a strong team participant
· Some travel is required which might include overnight stays
· Understands Company procedures and policies
· Ability to plan and organize a department.
· Ability to perform high-level decision making and goal setting within limited timeframes.
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...