Reports to the director, finance and administration. Directly supervises the accountants, budget analyst and accounting clerks. Responsible for the supervision of the accounting department which includes financial services, accounting, purchasing, food services, maintenance and property. Performs accounting and audit functions and develops data for periodic operating statements and management information.
1. Plan, coordinate and supervise the administrative and accounting activities of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance, recommend and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the director, finance and administration and coordinated with the manager, human resources prior to implementation.
3. Assist the director, finance and administration in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures; coordinate with the finance and administrative director and appropriate management staff to develop departmental budgets and provide monthly budget statistics reports to departments.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting accounting.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Supervise financial accounting systems and allocation of expenditures of contract finds; monitor center performance through interpretation of accounting data; develop management information reports.
7. Develop accounting and financial data for management decisions on operation cost trends, budgeting parameters, contract provisions, new program development, return on investment projections and cost proposal preparations and staff payroll.
8. Monitor contract compliance to ensure that program costs are allowable and are allocated properly; coordinate new requirements and program changes with management.
9. Supervise the preparation of month-end closing of financial books and government, center and corporate financial reports; review reports for accuracy and resolve related problems.
10. Supervise student pay and perform periodic student benefit fund audits.
11. Assist as necessary with administration of subcontracts.
12. Coordinate with other center staff concerning accounting matters.
13. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
14. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
15. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
16. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students here necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behavior through interventions.
17. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and three years related experience, two of which must be supervisory. Knowledge of automated financial systems and data base management, including spreadsheets, is required. Excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational,...