Graphic Packaging International currently has an immediate opening for a Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager at its Renton, WA folding carton facility. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for directing the Quality and Continuous Improvement Process for the Renton operations. This involves the development, implementation, and preservation of the validity of the Quality System, the proper allocation of available capital to equipment and processes which move the business forward and the identification of personnel training requirements relative to new equipment and processes. The major objective is to improve the people and processes to remove cost from the system and to improve our product quality so that we are more competitive in the marketplace and our business grows.
Job functions include, but not limited to:
1. Responsibility for improving site quality performance by effectively reducing waste from system.
2. Meet and maintain all divisional Quality Process Management objective as established by GPI.
3. Direct the activities, duties, and projects of the QC and Lab Technicians to assure compliance to customer specifications.
4. Serve as the plant's contact for customer complaints and customer compliance audits. Maintain reporting systems for internal and external complaints within SAP in accordance with GPI requirements.
5. Direct the development of SPC in both production and QC areas necessary to maintain a level of process control that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
6. Execute and manage CI initiatives including Six Sigma, Process Improvement, and Lean projects. Track and report all financial validated savings through GPI Project Tracking Database.
7. Communicate plant quality expectations and monitor performance relative to the objectives in a timely and effective manner.
8. Actively solict input from all employees to aid in successfully accomplishing the above listed actions.
9. Shared responsibility for compliance with all facility product safety (GMP's)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of companywide product stewardship standars.
10. Must be supportive of GPI's Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
*Bachelor Degree or equivalent practical experience (Minimum 2 year degreee with 10 years of work experience in progressively more responsible positions).
*Six years experience in Quality Management, Engineering Management, Production Management and/or Project Management in a manufacturing environment.
*Must be certified Six Sigma Black Belt or attain certification as part of selection for this position.
*Participates in Six Sigma projects as necessary.
*Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, track, execute and document multiple projects simultaneously.
*Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, develop, implement and document systems for maintenance and control of products and processes.
*Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar word processing, MINITAB, SHAREPOINT, spreadsheet and communications software.
*The incumbent will be exposed to the shop floor environment on a daily basis but, the majority of the work is done in an office environment.
*The incumbent must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
*The incumbent must exhibit ability and a desire to make reasoned decisions on actions taken, based upon his/her knowledge and experience, with less than complete information on the current situation.
*The incumbent must take a strong position on well reasoned convictions, be uncomprimising in the quest for quality of output whether it is a product, a service or an activity and above all act at all times in accordance with high principles, ethics, and a sense of purpose.
*The incumbent must be action oriented and rist to meet challenges quickly, sometimes with a minimum of planning.
In return for your skills and experience, we offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including an outstanding 401k program.
No relocation available for this position.
Graphic Packaging Intl. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decisions on an employee's or candidate's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Graphic Packaging - 2 years ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...