Monsanto is seeking an exceptionally talented scientist to become an integral member of our multidisciplinary Chemistry Organization as a Microbial Formulations Chemist. This role will have responsibility for the development of microbial formulations designed for use in crop protection. The primary focus will be on conducting experimental work driving product development of stable, compatible microbial formulations used in combination with other chemical or biological pesticides.
• Design, prepare, and develop stable and compatible microbial product formulations for use in crop protection.
• Coordinate activities with the Monsanto R & D team (analytical chemists, biologists, agronomists, statisticians).
• Interface with Research as well as Business, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory and Quality functions regarding project updates and product advancement.
• Act as a liaison with internal and external customers and provide technical reports and presentations to diverse audiences.
• Limited travel to Monsanto field testing and manufacturing sites to support testing and commercialization of products and formulations may be required.
•BS or MS in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related field of study with 10+ years or 5+ years of experience respectively, in formulation development .
• Understanding of formulation strategies to enhance the stability of microbials (both on the shelf and in combination with other agrochemical formulations)
• Experience with physical properties testing of both concentrated formulations and complex mixtures, including the determination of aging and stability characteristics, particle size, various rheological properties, flow and stability characteristics, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work on cross-functional and international teams and to prioritize and manage the demands from multiple projects.
• Ph. D. in Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or related field of study.
• Experience with agricultural or microbial formulations development
• Background in soil chemistry and/or microbiology
• Experience with product formulation, emulsions, coatings, or process development and scale-up.
• Knowledge of experimental design and statistical methods.
Monsanto - 5 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...