We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Microbiologist located at our Vancouver, WA plant.
The individual will perform specialized and routine laboratory examinations and procedures, under general supervision.
- Determines priorities, prepares materials for testing and performs specialized or routine laboratory tests according to prescribed standards to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of materials for quality, process control or product development.
- Performs environmental sampling and testing in specified areas.
- Tests raw, bulk and finished good materials for presence and content of contaminants or foreign substances.
- Sets up, adjusts, operates and maintains laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Selects, modifies and adapts equipment or procedures to specific project requirements.
- Reviews test results to ascertain validity and reliability of data and proper functionality of equipment.
- Sterilizes and cleans laboratory equipment, glassware and work areas, disposing of potentially pathogenic and hazardous materials in the appropriate manner.
- Ensures Good Laboratory Practices.
- Reads, records, files reports and correspondence and enters data and maintains sample logs, test results and suppliers used.
- May prepare charts and graphs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The successful candidate should have a BS or higher level of education in microbiology, biology or related field and a minimum of two years’ experience. A preference will be towards candidates that have experience in the food industry.
The candidate’s experience should include the following areas:
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology, equipment, materials and procedures and the ability to follow microbiology methods as required.
- Ability to perform standardized tests according to prescribed procedures and calculating and recording test results.
- Knowledge of basic spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of general laboratory housekeeping and sterile technique.
Church & Dwight Co. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.0 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the...